install oracle 8.1.7 in windows 2000 professional

install oracle 8.1.7 in windows 2000 professional

Post by VI THA » Fri, 11 May 2001 23:26:25

Hi,
I tried to install the Oracle 8.1.7 in my PC running windows 2000
professional.When I double click on the setup icon, I got the hour glass and
it went away but I did not get the Oracle Universal Installer screen.Can
some one tell me what I need to do to bring the OUI. My setup is:
motherboard: Asus P4T
processor: Intel 1.3GHZ
Memory 256MB.
Thanks

install oracle 8.1.7 in windows 2000 professional

Post by Sybrand Bakke » Sat, 12 May 2001 02:00:47

There are known issues with the P4, for which, IIRC, patches are available.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

Quote:> Hi,
> I tried to install the Oracle 8.1.7 in my PC running windows 2000
> professional.When I double click on the setup icon, I got the hour glass
and
> it went away but I did not get the Oracle Universal Installer screen.Can
> some one tell me what I need to do to bring the OUI. My setup is:
> motherboard: Asus P4T
> processor: Intel 1.3GHZ
> Memory 256MB.
> Thanks

install oracle 8.1.7 in windows 2000 professional

Post by Klaus Zeuc » Sat, 12 May 2001 16:01:49

P4 and installer: see Oracle Metalink Doc.ID 131299.1

Klaus

Quote:> Hi,
> I tried to install the Oracle 8.1.7 in my PC running windows 2000
> professional.When I double click on the setup icon, I got the hour glass
and
> it went away but I did not get the Oracle Universal Installer screen.Can
> some one tell me what I need to do to bring the OUI. My setup is:
> motherboard: Asus P4T
> processor: Intel 1.3GHZ
> Memory 256MB.
> Thanks

1. Can I install Oracle WebDb 2.0 ( for Windows NT) on Windows 2000 Professional

Hi,

Can I install Oracle WebDb 2.0 ( for Windows NT) on Windows 2000
Professional. I am having problems doing so, as it does not install on the
original Oracle_Home and asks for a new one and when I create a new one and
try to install it there, It then refuses to install the PL/SQL Toolkit,
saying it has to be installed on the original Oracle Home ( but I can't do
that !). Can anyone please just tell if it is possible to install on Win 2k
or not, or am I doing something else wrong.

Thanks a lot!

Binny.

2. Help me!!!

3. Installing Oracle 8.0.4 on Windows 2000 server/professional

4. Snapshot deleted minutes after creation

5. Cannot install SQL Server 2000 Standard Edition on Windows 2000 Professional

6. trailing spaces

7. Unable to Install SQL Server 2000 on windows 2000 Professional

8. Run sp_configure without sysadmin role permissions?

9. Install Problem with SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2000 Professional

10. Installing MSDE 2000 on windows 2000 professional

11. Can U install SQL Server 7.0 enterprise edition on a windows 2000 Professional machine

12. SQL 7 Standard Edition install on Windows 2000 Professional

13. MSDE 2000 installation on Windows 2000 SP2 Professional using Windows Installer Merge Modules from SP1