parellel processing when there is one CPU

parellel processing when there is one CPU

Post by Jonathan Genni » Mon, 31 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Does parellel processing ever occur on a system with a
single CPU? More specifically, if I issue a query, and
supply parellel hints, are these ignored on a
single-processer system?

parellel processing when there is one CPU

Post by Davi » Mon, 31 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Even with a single processor performance can be improved by using parallel
query option, but only when table spread accross multiple disks. Your hints
will not be ingored.

Regards
David Russell

Quote:>Does parellel processing ever occur on a system with a
>single CPU? More specifically, if I issue a query, and
>supply parellel hints, are these ignored on a
>single-processer system?

1. process CPU utilization vs CPU utilization of individual processors

Hello,

I'm using perfomance monitor to measure perfomance of SQL server.
I basically have 2 counters which is Process/SQL srvr/%Processor Time and
Processor/%Processor time.
At specific moment I can read that Processor/%Processor time/1st processor
is 60%, Processor/%Processor time/2nd processor is 60% and Process/SQL
srvr/%Processor Time is 100%.
My question is how come that sqlsrvr process is eating 100% of CPU time
while both processors are running under 60% utilization?

Regards,
Greg

2. XPS max I/OMB per CPU second

3. SQLserver 2000 works more slowly with two CPU than one CPU

4. 4GL tutorial.

5. one transaction use one cpu?

6. DTS ActiveX - task fails, DTS package does too -- WHY?

7. sqlserv process takes 99% CPU

8. How to do an Advanced search

9. clussvc.exe, lsass.exe take over cpu...sql processing stopped

10. DTS process needs to be able to run while I am not logged into ODBC Datasource

11. CPU Intensive process

12. SQL 50% processing on Dual CPU's