SQLLoad (or other ways) to load large text fields

SQLLoad (or other ways) to load large text fields

Post by ccyr6.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I've got a text file that looks something like below.  I can use sqlldr
to get it in, and could potentially embed characters to use the
continueif next (1) = '#' feature, but I really want to preserve the
line lengths and paragraph indents.  Long datatype will do that, but
haven't been able to figure it out using sqlldr. using 8.0.5 on NT.

also, embedding the "next" char(s) would be a chore.

Thanks
Cary

field1
field2
field3 start
 :
field3 end

item no
author
description zzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzz
  New paragraph of same descriptionzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzz end of description

item no
author
desc..........

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. others ways to write this trigger ?

Hello,
I need to parse this trigger code with an API function
that doesn't support the : caracter

-- My trigger uses a sequence to increment a field (AutoNum):

create or replace trigger trig_galapia
before insert on galapia
for each row
begin
   if :new.<primary_key_field> is null then
      select seq_x.nextval into :new.<primary_key_field> from dual;
   end if;
end;

could you help me to rewrite this trigger without :
Is it possible ?

thanks
Fred

2. Beginner's question

3. Writing Large Text field to a text File in Stored Procedure

4. ODBC driver for Btrieve 6.1

6. WANTED: Dial-up database server software

8. Temp Table To display in Browser

9. load dBASE file(*.dbf) through SQLLoad command

11. How to load long raw and blob use sqlload

12. load blob and long raw use sqlload