Dev. 2000 unable to connect to backend

Post by Hamee » Sat, 17 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I have installed Dev. 2000 in a stand alone machine and tried to connect
to the MS Access back end.

Created a user DSN using MS Access ODBC driver. In the connect dialog box

going
create a data block the no tables in the database are listed. But there are
many tables in the database. (Problem 1)

I can connect the MSAccess ODBC database using SQL Plus 3.3(can select rows
from the table) but not through SQL Plus 8.0. (Problem 2)

Any body can help me solve my problems please let me know through

Hameed

Post by Frank van Borte » Sat, 17 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> Hi,

> I have installed Dev. 2000 in a stand alone machine and tried to connect
> to the MS Access back end.

> Created a user DSN using MS Access ODBC driver. In the connect dialog box

> going
> create a data block the no tables in the database are listed. But there are
> many tables in the database. (Problem 1)

I guess developer relies on the Oracle structure to retrieve the tables, and it

will probably not know how to retrieve Access tables

Quote:> I can connect the MSAccess ODBC database using SQL Plus 3.3(can select rows
> from the table) but not through SQL Plus 8.0. (Problem 2)

What is/are the error(s)?

--
Met vriendelijke groet,
kind regards,

Frank van Bortel
Technical consultant Oracle
V&L Informatica BV
Work                           Home
Postbus 545                    Hunzestraat 4
7500 AM Enschede               7555 WB Hengelo
(31)53.434.1500                (31)74.242.5046

1. Connecting Dev/2000 to Oracle 8 (ORA-03121)

Connecting Dev/2000 to Oracle 8 (ORA-03121)

Hi,

When I am trying to connect from Dev/2000 applications to Oracle 8
database, I get ORA-03121 (described below). How do I relink Dev/2000
(Forms 4.5, Reports 2.5, etc.) to work with Oracle 8 database. I try to
connect to a database created on my workstation.

Thanks.

Rob.

-- Error description as per Oracle Docs: --

ORA-03121: no interface driver connected - function not performed

Cause: This message occurs usually because the Net8 driver is not loaded
into memory or there is a mismatch of the version of
the driver. A user program linked with an obsolete library may also
cause this message. Only programs provided by Oracle
Corporation should use this interface.

Action: If the message occurred during use of a program provided by
Oracle Corporation, contact customer support. If a user
program caused the message, relink the program with current versions of
the Oracle libraries.

2. Benchmarking MS SQL 6.5

3. How can I keep the ADO connection to Oracle database last longer for MTS component?

4. Unable to connect to backend

5. FMPro.org - the Ultimate Site for FileMaker Pro

6. Upgrade path from 7 Dev to 2000 Dev?

7. BDE on Windows 3.11 with 4 MB RAM

8. Linked tables-connecting to backend Access 2000 db with Opendatabase

9. Unable to Connect to a Sql Server 2000 behind Firewall

10. Unable Connect BDE 5 to SQL SERVER 2000

11. Unable to connect to QA (SQL 2000) via Terminal Server

12. unable to connect sqlserver 2000 using different workgroups