chinese Character problem on Oracle, windows 98 and windows 2000

chinese Character problem on Oracle, windows 98 and windows 2000

Post by Henr » Sun, 22 Sep 2002 01:01:22

Hi All,

    I have a problem on Traditional Chinese. Please help!

    I am using a client server program.  I set the character set of the
oracle database to UTF8. When i try to input the chinese on Traditional
Chinese (as default language ) windows 2000, i can see it on Traditional
Chinese (as default language ) other windows 2000 computer. However, windows
98 computer can't see it.
When i try to input the chinese on Traditional Chinese (as default language)
windows 98, i can see it on other Traditional Chinese (as default language )
windows 98 computer. However, windows 2000 computer can't see it.

    Any one can help ??

Henry

chinese Character problem on Oracle, windows 98 and windows 2000

Post by Jan Gelbric » Tue, 24 Sep 2002 17:13:07

Hi Henry,

do You work *either* on W2K or W98, or do You have both systems on it, to
choose from boot menu ?
I dont think You use both at the same time ? ...

Anyway, I think that W2K is more stabile to show Asian Fonts correctly
though (I tried it with Japanese
and also had some trouble until final success)...
so You might make a decision what system You use.

You may also Try to use AsianSuite (search by google),
a tool that can switch on/off Asian characters, including other Chinese
Fonts like
Big5 and so on...

Hope this little tip might be helpful to You.

Jan

Quote:> Hi All,

>     I have a problem on Traditional Chinese. Please help!

>     I am using a client server program.  I set the character set of the
> oracle database to UTF8. When i try to input the chinese on Traditional
> Chinese (as default language ) windows 2000, i can see it on Traditional
> Chinese (as default language ) other windows 2000 computer. However,
windows
> 98 computer can't see it.
> When i try to input the chinese on Traditional Chinese (as default
language)
> windows 98, i can see it on other Traditional Chinese (as default
language )
> windows 98 computer. However, windows 2000 computer can't see it.

>     Any one can help ??

> Henry

1. SQL Server Remote Registration Failure from Window 98 to Windows 2000 Server

Dear Sir,

         When I try to Do a Remote registration from
Windows 98 ( SQL Server2000 Personal Edition ) to Windows
2000 Server ( SQL Server 2000 Enter.Edition ) the error
message pops up saying SQL Server does not exist or Access
denied.

I made successfull connection via Dial up Networking to
the Server. But problem is with SQL Server Registration.

Selected client Protocol is TCP/IP. log on user is having
administrative rights on the Server

Could you please advice me to overcome this problem.

with regards

Jo

2. problem with the set linesize command

3. ADO under windows 2000 and windows 98 - append

4. MS-Access: MySQL vs. PostgreSQL

5. ADO under windows 2000 and windows 98

6. Runtime Error '3085'

7. VA-Richmond-239904--Windows 98-Windows NT-Windows 95-Novell-Senior Operator

8. supressing errors in SQL

9. Type Name is Invalid error -- Windows 2000/98 application with SQL Server/stored procedure problem

10. Personal Oracle 9i on Windows 2000 Pro remains at 98% and not install

11. Installed SQL Server 2000 on Windows 98 and....

12. To rotate Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Evaluation Edition in Windows 98 IF

13. SQL 2000 client toosl slows down Windows 98 client machine