error message: table or view existed when creating a table

error message: table or view existed when creating a table

Post by dbaj.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I was trying to create a table in a Oracle DB with the following
statement:

create table XYZ;

and I got a error message:  table or view existed.

Then I tried to drop this XYZ table, and got another error message:
table or view not found.

Can anyone tell me what is wrong and why this would happen?

Thanks

dbajjer

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

error message: table or view existed when creating a table

Post by Eric Givle » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

try:

select * from user_objects
where object_name='XYZ'

and see what it responds.

> I was trying to create a table in a Oracle DB with the following
> statement:

> create table XYZ;

> and I got a error message:  table or view existed.

> Then I tried to drop this XYZ table, and got another error message:
> table or view not found.

> Can anyone tell me what is wrong and why this would happen?

> Thanks

> dbajjer

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

1. CREATE VIEW: Table or view does not exist (ORA-00942)

Hi,

does anybody know why it is not sufficient for creating a view to have
granted select rights by a ROLE on a table which is used in the view?
This is under
the assumption that the table belongs to another user and the view is
to be
created in your own schema.

Example:

CREATE VIEW TEST ( A ) AS SELECT B FROM C WHERE...
results in the error ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
if the select right on C is granted by a role and C belongs to another
user.

Is this a bug or a feature?

Thanks,
Bernd

2. Reliable JDBC driver(s) for DB2 ?

3. how to load tables in database-object doesn′t exist error message

4. Report tools

5. verifing whether a table with same name exist or not before creating new table

6. DBA Questionaire

7. create a temp table with an existing table stucture

8. create a temp table based on existing table

9. Creating table having structure same as that of existing table

10. Create Table from existing table

11. creating postgres tables using existing table defs

12. Creating Empty Table with Structure of existing table