How to Move Redo Logs to Raw Disk Space ?

How to Move Redo Logs to Raw Disk Space ?

Post by MarkP286 » Sat, 05 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Just look in the Database Administrators guide under adding and dropping
redo logs.  You can just add a new group using the raw space and drop a
group that was using regular Unix files.  Repeat the process until all
your redo logs are using raw partitions.  If you get stuck waiting for the
current log to switch before you can drop it use the 'alter system switch
logfile' command to force a switch.  Oracle will not let you drop an
active or unarchieved log so you do not need to worry too much while
performing this task.  (A little worry is always good.  It makes you stop
and think about what you are doing every now and then)

Mark Powell  -- The only advise that counts is the advise that you follow
so follow your own advise

1. How to move redo logs to raw devices?

Hi all,

I tried Oracle 8iR2 8.1.6 on Unixware 7.1.1.
I put all of the tablespaces on raw devices but redo logs in a
hurry installation.

Now I want to move redo log files on raw devices.
Could I do that without recreate the database?

PS: How big the redo logs should be to make the database more
performance?

Thanks in advance for any help.

DH.

Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com

2. Cannot modify temp table in SQL 7 from Access 2000

3. log buffer space vs. redo log space requests

4. W4GL Design Documentation

5. Recapturing disk space from the transaction log after truncating the log space

6. Help wanted: which RDBMS?

7. Need help using raw partitions for redo log files on Solaris 2.5.1

8. Multiple Named Pipes Connections

9. Disk space - determining free disk space

10. Linking raw disk space to a /dev file in SCO

11. raw disk space

12. RS/6000 raw disk space for OnLine