Cant delete records from table

Post by Rob Edga » Fri, 12 Jun 1998 04:00:00

I have a table (oracle733) from which I cant delete records, when I use the
command from any sql tool the program hangs , no error message, and oracle
just disconnects the session.

Any ideas on what the problem could be?

I recently needed a table with a similar structure and copied this one and
now this new table show exactly the same problem.

Grateful for thoughts.
Rob

Cant delete records from table

Post by Anton Dischn » Fri, 19 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Hi Rob,

are you shure nobody has a lock on your table?
If possible do a (clean) shutdown/restart and try again.
Do a create table xxx_1 as select * from xxx; and try with this one.
If you are on a unix workstation have a loock into
$ORACLE_BASE/admin/<your SID>/bdump/alert_<your_SID>.log
and look for error messages.

replace <your SID> with your instance-name.

If you post again please give as much information as you can:
Type of OS, any SQL-Tool, which one?

Kind regards,

Toni