Very strange JDBC problem

Post by Mattias Malmgre » Wed, 08 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hello

If I use a JAVA-servlet and JDBC to make a simple select from a table in
a Oracle databas
I get a perfect result. But, if I then from within SQLPLUS change
somthing in the table
I still get the same result in the servlet!

If I use a servlet that talks to a stored function I can onesly see the
changes made to the table from
SQLPLUS if I also create the stored functin once again, or if I log out
from SQLPLUS.

Is that strage or what ???!!!

 / Mattias

Very strange JDBC problem

Post by Chris Bigenwal » Thu, 09 Jul 1998 04:00:00

It's not strange, you just didn't COMMIT.   Your changes will not appear in
another session until a commit occurs.

- Chris Bigenwald

>If I use a JAVA-servlet and JDBC to make a simple select from a table in
>a Oracle database I get a perfect result. But, if I then from within
SQLPLUS change
>somthing in the table I still get the same result in the servlet!
>Is that strage or what ???!!!

1. Strange problem with JDBC

We use JTurbo Enterprise v2.0 JDBC driver to connect to MS SQL Server 7.0
SP3 and 2000. We have seen a peculiar problem: If a connection is
established from one machine to SQL, issues a BEGIN TRANS and then pauses,
no other machine can establish a connection to SQL until the first process
is resumed.

Has anybody had any similar experience?

Michael MacGregor
Database Architect
SalesDriver

2. a big problem with charset

3. strange performance problem in stored function with jdbc

4. Summaries to Large Table Management

5. Strange problem - jdbc:odbc

6. How to distinguish 1 and 1 that is japanese kanji

7. Strange JDBC-ODBC Problem

8. Licensing Issues

9. Help - Strange Access JDBC/ODBC Problem

10. Strange problem with appendchunk, stranger solution yet

11. (JDBC, Oracle) Connection problem with JDBC - sqlplus no problem

12. SQL SERVER 7 gives me strange JDBC error.

13. Strange JDBC error mesg