ORA-01400

Post by Pavel I Babachanak » Wed, 11 Nov 1998 04:00:00

    Hi, ALL!

  When I INSERT the data into the table which has several
columns with NOT NULL constraint, I get the following error
message:

ORA-01400: mandatory (NOT NULL) column is missing or NULL during insert

  How can I learn which column has NULL value?

Pavel

ORA-01400

Post by Nenad Novelji » Wed, 11 Nov 1998 04:00:00

>    Hi, ALL!

>  When I INSERT the data into the table which has several
>columns with NOT NULL constraint, I get the following error
>message:

>ORA-01400: mandatory (NOT NULL) column is missing or NULL during insert

>  How can I learn which column has NULL value?

>Pavel

desc table_name

ORA-01400

Post by Pavel Polca » Wed, 11 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hi Pavel,
you can find it in the USER_TAB_COLUMNS Data Dictionary view, the NULLABLE
attribute.

Hth,
Pavel

>    Hi, ALL!

>  When I INSERT the data into the table which has several
>columns with NOT NULL constraint, I get the following error
>message:

>ORA-01400: mandatory (NOT NULL) column is missing or NULL during insert

>  How can I learn which column has NULL value?

>Pavel

ORA-01400

Post by Andrew Protaso » Wed, 11 Nov 1998 04:00:00

,

:

x number not null

x number,
constraint table_name_ch_x check(x is not null)

.

>       Hi, ALL!

>     When I INSERT the data into the table which has several
>   columns with NOT NULL constraint, I get the following error
>   message:

>   ORA-01400: mandatory (NOT NULL) column is missing or NULL during insert

>     How can I learn which column has NULL value?

>   Pavel

ORA-01400

Post by Gerard H. Pill » Wed, 11 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Give all your constraints a name, even the "not null" and "check".
--
Kind Regards,

Gerard

>     Hi, ALL!

>   When I INSERT the data into the table which has several
> columns with NOT NULL constraint, I get the following error
> message:

> ORA-01400: mandatory (NOT NULL) column is missing or NULL during insert

>   How can I learn which column has NULL value?

> Pavel

ORA-01400

Post by BluesMa » Thu, 12 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hi !

1) If you have Oracle's SQL*PLUS, the DESC <my_table> command shows you the
name, type and null value...
2) try this : select * from user_tab_columns where table_name='<MY_TABLE>';

In add, you can use the NVL function to replace null value by other :
 for instance , NVL(col1,1)=1 if col1 is null....

good luck !, Yann

>    Hi, ALL!

>  When I INSERT the data into the table which has several
>columns with NOT NULL constraint, I get the following error
>message:

>ORA-01400: mandatory (NOT NULL) column is missing or NULL during insert

>  How can I learn which column has NULL value?

>Pavel

1. What do ORA-01400 and ORA-06152 mean?

My database is Oracle 8.1.5, my appication is Siebel. When i insert a
record in Siebel, it prompts "ORA-01400:cannot insert NULL into
("SIEBEL"."S_ORG_EXT"."INTEGRATION_ID")   ORA-06152:at line 6". But my
record doesn't include NULL, i don't know why i can't insert a record
into table siebel.s_org_ext.
    I appreciate your help. Also where can i find the error code and
explanation of error code? i can't find on Oracle web site.
    Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Extracting data with Redwing or TexTractor?

3. ORA-01400 error during AddNew w/Oracle OLE DB provider

4. Bitmap indexes

5. pl/sql ORA-01400 error massage

6. dblist problem

7. ORA-01400

8. Slow DTS Only From W2K

9. ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into ()

10. ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into ??? Problem with 'int'?

11. Error: ORA-00604/01400

12. tnsnames.ora, sqlnet.ora, listner.ora