How to reverse engineer database w/Designer2000?

How to reverse engineer database w/Designer2000?

Post by Keith Kwiate » Tue, 12 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hello Bright one!

I am new to Designer 2000....

I have an existing database, that I want to "reverse engineer"...How do I
accomplish the following:
1) read in the existing schema  ( how do I set this up and do it?)
2) produce an entity relationship diagram
3) modify the schema
4) recreate a new database

Thanks,

Keith

1. Reverse Engineering / Database Diagram?

I'm still new to SQL Server so this may be a stupid question.

We ahve install a application called TrackIt on our server.   It is a
canned application for tracking PC resources.  Anyway, the user was
interested in if we can reverse engineer a datamodel from the
database.

Besides Enterprise Manager I have no access to any tools.  I went to
create a new database diagram which allows me to generate a view of
the tables but it looks like I could corrupt the database this way.

What are my options?

Thanks,

2. Tell me some stories....please!

3. script to reverse engineer ddl from database

4. Transfer from Mac to Windows?

5. Reverse engineering PG database

6. Help! Code runs faster as script than stored procedure

7. How to keep web database from getting reverse-engineered using url parameters

8. Can I connect to sql7 desktop edition from another computer?

9. Reverse Engineering in Oracle Database

10. Reverse engineer database creation script

11. Reverse Engineering database objects

12. Reverse Engineering My Database