Dramatic Oracle Performance Improvement! See Website!

Dramatic Oracle Performance Improvement! See Website!

Post by buchanant » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Check out some of the white papers on this web site, including HIGH
IMPACT -- written jointly by Oracle Corporation's Large System
Support-Belmont Center and Imperial Technology. Oracle installed Imperial's
MegaCache-4000 Intelligent In-Line Cache system to determine what
performance enhancements it would provide on an in-house call tracking
application. The results were impressive and conclude that Imperial's
MegaCache-4000 provides a significant throughput improvement. Among Oracle's
findings were that the MegaCache-4000:

    Significantly reduced queue lengths
    Dramatically increased I/O rates
    Has the ability to allow many more users (going from 100 to 900) on the
system without degrading response times .

Incredible Oracle performance improvements (US Army got 20:1 improvement in
critical query response time) are documented in some of their SUCCESS
STORIES.  Not an inexpensive solution for I/O bottlenecks, but WOW!, does it
work wonders.

Dramatic Oracle Performance Improvement! See Website!

Post by Sybrand Bakke » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Is this the latest Larry Ellison toy?
At the time he owned nCube (64 processors max) this system was heavily
promoted as the ultimate solution.
Of course this promotion is in sync with the general US optimalization
strategy:
don't tune, just buy more hardware, stupid!

Cheers,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

Quote:> Check out some of the white papers on this web site, including HIGH
> IMPACT -- written jointly by Oracle Corporation's Large System
> Support-Belmont Center and Imperial Technology. Oracle installed
Imperial's
> MegaCache-4000 Intelligent In-Line Cache system to determine what
> performance enhancements it would provide on an in-house call tracking
> application. The results were impressive and conclude that Imperial's
> MegaCache-4000 provides a significant throughput improvement. Among
Oracle's
> findings were that the MegaCache-4000:

>     Significantly reduced queue lengths
>     Dramatically increased I/O rates
>     Has the ability to allow many more users (going from 100 to 900) on
the
> system without degrading response times .

> Incredible Oracle performance improvements (US Army got 20:1 improvement
in
> critical query response time) are documented in some of their SUCCESS
> STORIES.  Not an inexpensive solution for I/O bottlenecks, but WOW!, does
it
> work wonders.

1. Dramatic Oracle Performance Improvements! See Website!

www.imperialtech.com
[...]

2. Lock timeouts

3. Dramatic Response Time Improvement! See Website!

4. ODBC Drivers for 7.2

5. If condition failes in stored procedure for the first time

6. Dramatic bad performance with EEE !!!

7. Required DLL??

8. Performance Improvements

9. activex script performance improvement ???

10. "OR" performance improvement

11. SQL Server performance improvement

12. Explanation for this weird performance improvement please!