Return a value from a javascript function to a PL/SQL procedure

Return a value from a javascript function to a PL/SQL procedure

Post by Tom Deseamu » Sat, 28 Apr 2001 09:09:17

I want to return a value from a javascript function into a PL/SQL variable.
Here is some example code of what I'm trying to do.

PROCEDURE Confirm_Delete_User IS

Quote:> x VARCHAR2(1000);
> BEGIN
> htp.htmlopen;

> htp.bodyopen;
>    htp.print('<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT">');
>    htp.print('function c_del()');
>    htp.print('{');
>    htp.print(var answer = confirm("Are you sure you
> wish to delete?");
>    htp.print('return answer');
>    htp.print('}');
>    htp.print('--></SCRIPT>');

> htp.bodyclose;
> htp.htmlclose;

The javascript function computes the javascript variable "answer", I want to
store that in the PL/SQL variable "x"  Anyone have any ideas.

Thanks,
Tom

1. PL/SQL - Returning resultset-like values from functions

Hi, all

I'm quite new in PL/SQL but experienced in other program languages. I started
with some basic functions returning a single value from function so I can use
the syntax

SELECT [Package].[Function(Parameter)] FROM DUAL

This works already fine.

What comes next is the implementation of function which return resultset-like
structures of non-existing tables. Can I accomplish syntaxes like

SELECT [Package].[Function(Parameter)].[Member] FROM DUAL or
SELECT [Package].[Function(Paramter)] FROM DUAL with the output

%: Member1 Member2 Member3
%: -----------------------
%: Value1  Value2  Value3

The members are basic types. Any hint or information would be very helpful.

--
Regards,
Acamat

2. access/vb problems/sql server

3. Returning many values in a PL/SQL function

4. Configuration (etc.) assistance please...

5. Newbie : PL/SQL Function Return value

6. Oracle 7.3 and Sybase 11.5 on same HP box??

7. PL/SQL function return value problem

8. Initialise ActiveX for SQL DTS

9. PL/SQL: Returning list of values with function

10. Return value of PL/SQL-functions

11. Q: How to return an array (PL/SQL) table in PL/SQL function

12. Q: How to return an array (PL/SQL table) in PL/SQL function