Net8 Easy Config sid problem / default username & pword?

Net8 Easy Config sid problem / default username & pword?

Post by cabwebh.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hopefully, someone out there can help?

I have a new install of Oracle 8.05 on Windows
NT 4.0.  I've created multiple databases and can't
get access to any of them.  It seems as though i am not
useing the correct default (initial?) username and
password in the NET8 Easy Config or the sid stuff
is messed up.

I'm no expert on oracle (no formal training) but
I'm no newbie either.  I know how to edit the
tnsnames.ora and listener.ora files.

I've created the databases with the Database
Wizard, and manually via some scripts that we have.

The only db i seem to be able to get into with
Net8 Easy Config is the default db 'orcl'.  For that specific db, the
username of INTERNAL and a
password of ORACLE (both in lower case) works fine.  I can't tell you
how many other db's i've
created that i can't get into.  I've re-installed
3 times now.  I'm lost.

I have tried the following uname and pword combos
in upper and lower case;

uname  internal
pword  oracle

uname  system
pword  manager

uname  sys
pword  oracle

uname  system
pword  (null)

Argghhh!  anyone out there with an idea?

The most recent error message i'm getting from the
Net8 Easy config when i try to test the connection
to my new db is:

ora-12505: TNS:Listener could not resolve sid
given in connect descriptor.

I've started the listeners (listener and listener80).  I've started the
db and its services.

I'll be very greatfull if anyone has any ideas?
I'm guessing it something simple that i've
forgotten to do?

thanks in advance

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Net8 Easy Config sid problem / default username & pword?

Post by ro.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi Friend,
I appreciate u'r effort. But now as u have installed several times it
seems that u have made some unrequired entries too. Can u give me a
call at 1-630-2247949 so that i can help u. B'coz only after hearing
from u i think i will be able to help u for the explanation is going
to take whole bunch of pages which i won't be able to write.
Let me know if u can't call. Write me mail then and i will try to help
u.
Regards,
Rohit Chattar

> Hopefully, someone out there can help?

> I have a new install of Oracle 8.05 on Windows
> NT 4.0.  I've created multiple databases and can't
> get access to any of them.  It seems as though i am not
> useing the correct default (initial?) username and
> password in the NET8 Easy Config or the sid stuff
> is messed up.

> I'm no expert on oracle (no formal training) but
> I'm no newbie either.  I know how to edit the
> tnsnames.ora and listener.ora files.

> I've created the databases with the Database
> Wizard, and manually via some scripts that we have.

> The only db i seem to be able to get into with
> Net8 Easy Config is the default db 'orcl'.  For that specific db, the
> username of INTERNAL and a
> password of ORACLE (both in lower case) works fine.  I can't tell you
> how many other db's i've
> created that i can't get into.  I've re-installed
> 3 times now.  I'm lost.

> I have tried the following uname and pword combos
> in upper and lower case;

> uname  internal
> pword  oracle

> uname  system
> pword  manager

> uname  sys
> pword  oracle

> uname  system
> pword  (null)

> Argghhh!  anyone out there with an idea?

> The most recent error message i'm getting from the
> Net8 Easy config when i try to test the connection
> to my new db is:

> ora-12505: TNS:Listener could not resolve sid
> given in connect descriptor.

> I've started the listeners (listener and listener80).  I've started
the
> db and its services.

> I'll be very greatfull if anyone has any ideas?
> I'm guessing it something simple that i've
> forgotten to do?

> thanks in advance

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. Net8 Easy Config and Net8 Assistant on P IV Computers

I have an installation running Net8 Easy Config and everything works
fine, except on the 2 newest machines.  They are Pentium 4, 1.4 ghz.
processors.  I have swapped hard drives into P III 866 computers and
the software works fine, and also taken the P III hard drives and
installed them into the P IV machines and they cause an illeagle
operation.

Is there a patch, fix, or upgrade needed/available?

Please help.

Thanks

Paul Carter

2. ODBC Connection Thorough Proxy Server

3. JRE crashes Net8 Easy Config and Net8 Assistant on NT4

4. Printing Problem Ver 5 to Ver 7

5. Net8 Easy Config & Win98

6. Automatic Backup on NT

7. problem with Net8 Easy Config

8. Ingres on IBM RT PC

9. Problems with Net8 Easy Config and a custom DB

10. Problem with Net8 Easy Config