EZSQL bought and discontinued by Quest (SQL-Navigator)?

EZSQL bought and discontinued by Quest (SQL-Navigator)?

Post by Christof Kaise » Thu, 30 Aug 2001 22:11:07

I heard rumors about EZSQL bought and discontinued by Quest Software.

Actually we were just about buying a couple of licences for Ezsql. What
happend is that a Quest representative conntacted us to tell that EZSQL
was bought by them and will be discontinued. So we would have to buy
their SQL-Navigator.

Anybody heard about that?

And: what to do as EZSQL is much better as SQL-Navigator and cheaper as
well.
Any guesses?

Are their any alternatives as good and cheap as EZSQL ?

Regards
Christof

Post by Sebastiano Pil » Mon, 03 Sep 2001 22:10:33

> I heard rumors about EZSQL bought and discontinued by Quest Software.

> Actually we were just about buying a couple of licences for Ezsql. What
> happend is that a Quest representative conntacted us to tell that EZSQL
> was bought by them and will be discontinued. So we would have to buy
> their SQL-Navigator.

Why not ask the author of EzSQL directly? He should know... :-)

BTW, the aggressive approach of Quest salesmen was one of the reason
that I recommended EzSQL to my company. Quest's products are good, but
so it is EzSQL; in addition, EzSQL is cheaper, so I hope that the
purchasing department will give its approval.

Post by Volker Neurat » Tue, 04 Sep 2001 04:04:18

>Are their any alternatives as good and cheap as EZSQL ?

Cant say anything about EZSQL 'cause i don't know it.
But i know "Golden" from Benthic Software. I find it a very good piece
of software.

You can download a 30-days-trial at www.benthicsoftware.com

Could you please give me a link to EZSQL?

Volker
--
Erfolg steigt nur dann zu Kopf, wenn dort der erforderliche Hohlraum vorhanden ist

Post by Christof Kaise » Tue, 04 Sep 2001 20:54:36

> > I heard rumors about EZSQL bought and discontinued by Quest Software.

> > Actually we were just about buying a couple of licences for Ezsql. What
> > happend is that a Quest representative conntacted us to tell that EZSQL
> > was bought by them and will be discontinued. So we would have to buy
> > their SQL-Navigator.

> Why not ask the author of EzSQL directly? He should know... :-)

Yes, he (John) sold it and cannot sell any licences to us anymore.

If Quest does not plan to sell any licences of Ezsql and even if (caus of big
demand), they will raise the price to that of SQL Navigator.

cruel world.

christof

1. SQL-Navigator (QUEST): any comments/comparisons?

We are looking to buy a developing tool for PL/SQL.

Til now, I only had a look at SQL Navgator from Quest.
I know, there are many other tools out there.

Does anybody has a recommondation which one is most useful and best
value?

Btw, a single user license for SQL Navigator should cost 770 Euro (about
660 US$, I reckon).

Regards
Christof

2. Help on ODBC

3. Tools similar SQL NAVIGATOR from Quest

4. BEWARE! If you made a hotel reservation for Sybase Conf using form.

5. to buy SQL or not to buy?

6. Rowids in a view?

7. SQL Server 7 Support Discontinued

8. getting started

9. Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 Discontinued When?

10. Xpediter/SQL vs. SQL Navigator

11. SQL Programer VS SQL Navigator

12. EZSQL