US-PA: Philadelphia-Senior Oracle DBA

Post by JobCircle.C » Sun, 03 Aug 2003 06:18:13

JobCircle.com - Careers, Content and Community for Technology
professionals in the Northeastern United States!

Jobcircle.com provides resume submission, classified searches,
eLearning, hundreds of career development articles, tech news,
and more to tens of thousands of Technology professionals in
your area - visit us today at http://www.jobcircle.com!

!!! Voted a TOP 50 Career Web Site in 2002 by CareerXRoads !!!

Job Title:     Senior Oracle DBA
Job Location:  PA: Philadelphia
Pay Rate:      $80k-$95k base
Job Length:    full time
Start Date:    2003-09-15

Company Name:  Brandywine Technology Partners
Contact:       Nate Sharp
Phone:         302-656-6100
Fax:           302-656-9100

Description:   **Sorry, at this time neither we, nor our client are able to sponsor for this position. Additionally, we will not be able to sub or split this with another firm.**

All Responses will be handled in the strictest confidence and your resume will not be submitted to any of our client companies without your expressed approval.

Senior Oracle DBA

Permanent Position

Salary Range: $80 $95k base

Our client is located in Philadelphia, PA and is one of the top financial services operations companies in the world.

As the Senior Oracle DBA, you will serve as primary and secondary Database Administrator for all production databases, which support the various business units. You will provide operational support, including technical support, installation and configuration, problem resolution, query optimization, backup and recovery; database security, capacity planning and performance metric reporting; upgrading/applying patches and performing on-call duties. Interact with data warehouse operations, Unix Admins, as well as business users.

Required Skills:
Strong Oracle 8i skills with experience in installation and configuration; understanding of database fragmentation; knowledgeable of SQL tuning & PL/SQL, backup & recovery techniques, database security; strong UNIX skills with scripting experience (korn, perl), and good communications skills; Experience on large/complex database environments.

Of note: This client will be engaging in an enterprise-wide migration to SQL in the next 18 to 24 months. You will be asked to be a part of this.

General:
-       Requires no technical supervision
-       Possesses a high level of initiative
-       Able to advise and communicate to the business requirements and concerns that impact the databases.
-       Able to plan, coordinate and implement tasks that involve databases (i.e. upgrades, installs, rehosts, re-architectures)
-       Full conceptual knowledge of Tandem, Solaris, RS/6000 and Oracle 8i.

Tasks Performed:
-       Architect databases for recovery, high availability, performance and maintainability
-       Plan and implement Oracle Upgrades and Migrations.
-       Develop and implement backup strategies
-       Forecast database requirements (i.e. capacity)
-       Provides direction and guidance to mid and junior DBAs
-       Troubleshoots production problems and devises solutions
-       Proactively monitors the databases for performance improvements, contention reductions and for efficiencies in capacity utilization and security.

Concepts Understood:
-       Understands business financial processes related to budgeting
-       Has extensive skills in application and database tuning
-       Possesses a broad understanding of IT infrastructure required for diagnosing complex problems that impact multiple areas.
-       Has an advanced understanding of data modeling concepts (both logical and physical)
-       Maintains knowledge of current technologies  (i.e. partitioning, OPS, replication, standbys etc)
-       Understands full impact of database outages/slow downs on the business

Brandywine Technology Partners requires professional references on all candidates.

The Partners of Brandywine Technology are local professionals who call the Delaware Valley home. Having worked as contemporaries and friendly competitors in several well known Delaware professional staffing and systems integration firms, the Partners identified a need for a streamlined Professional, Technical Staffing and IT Services Company committed to high quality service and most importantly, direct access to decision makers.

Our approach to the search, consulting and placement business is based on the 3R's: Research. Relationships. Results. We identify the significant characteristics of superior software engineering, human resources, information technology, marketing, pre/post technical support and finance and accounting professionals. People who are truly at the top of their game! Because we are experienced, trained recruiters, as well as the fact that we actually have technical backgrounds, we dont simply post positions on the Internet to make match. We provide companies with exposure to the hidden market of people that aren't actively looking for a job. Of course, the ultimate judge of our results is our clients; both the people we place, and the people they work for and with.

Brandywine Technology Partners is committed to providing its clients with high quality talent on either a permanent or contract basis. We also provide contractors and clients with complete Employer of Record service.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Nate Sharp, CPC, SPHR
Partner

Applicant must be a U.S. resident or currently able to legally work in the U.S.

For FASTEST PROCESSING of your resume, please visit http://www.jobcircle.com/classifieds/373520.html to apply online.

For fastest processing of your resume, this employer asks that
you apply to this job using the URL above.

1. US-PA: Philadelphia-Senior Oracle Operations DBA

JobCircle.com - Careers, Content and Community for Technology
professionals in the Northeastern United States!

Jobcircle.com provides resume submission, classified searches,
eLearning, hundreds of career development articles, tech news,
and more to tens of thousands of Technology professionals in
your area - visit us today at http://www.jobcircle.com!

!!! Voted a TOP 50 Career Web Site in 2002 by CareerXRoads !!!

Job Title:     Senior Oracle Operations DBA
Job Location:  PA: Philadelphia
Pay Rate:      Open
Job Length:    full time
Start Date:    2004-02-01

Company Name:  JB Technical Staffing Group, Inc.
Contact:       John Brookover
Phone:         610.524.9796
Fax:           e-mail only

Description:   Our client, in suburban Philadelphia, is seeking a high level Oracle DBA.  The ideal candidate will have started out as a Unix Systems Administrator and progressed to an Oracle DBA.  You will be working in the Production Services area and be responsible for capacity planning, monitoring, tuning, scheduling, backup and recovery in a large dynamic high volume operation.

REQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelors Degree in Technical Discipline or Business.
2. 5 years experience as an Oracle DBA (8i & 9i) including PL/SQL, performance monitoring  & tuning.
3. 2-3 years experience as Unix Sys. Admin.
4. Oracle production database support experience in large (multi-terabyte) environment.
5.  Experience with 3rd party back-up and recovery and performance tuning tools.

DESIRED EXPERIENCE:
1. Either experience with or desire to learn SQL/Server as a secondary RDBMS.
2. Knowledge of Linux and/or Microsoft O/S.
3. Experience with clustered Oracle environments.

Our client is in urgent need to fill this position.  It provides a competitive compensation package along with outstanding benefits.  Relocation assistance is available if necessary.  If you are a strong Operations DBA looking for a challenging and rewarding fast paced environment, this is for you.

Applicant must be a U.S. resident or currently able to legally work in the U.S.

Please refer to Job code JBT123SI when responding to this ad.

For FASTEST PROCESSING of your resume, please visit http://www.jobcircle.com/classifieds/457331.html to apply online.

For fastest processing of your resume, this employer asks that
you apply to this job using the URL above.

2. DeletewhenEmpty

3. Script and find question

4. OPENDIALOG

5. US-PA: Philadelphia-Senior Oracle Database Administrator

6. US-PA: Philadelphia-Senior JAVA J2EE Developer/J2EE Architect, Oracle

7. US-PA: Philadelphia-Senior Project Manager UNIX/Oracle

8. US-PA: Philadelphia-Senior JAVA J2EE Developer/J2EE Architect, Oracle

9. US-PA: Philadelphia-ORACLE DBA