Help - Using procedures in a library from other Schema

Help - Using procedures in a library from other Schema

Post by Sally Madeir » Wed, 31 Jan 2001 21:03:04

I have four schemas set up that hold different regional information.  One
schemas is a consolidation
of 6 regions for end of month analysis and the other three hold information
from other regions
that do not get rolled up.  I am having a maintenance nightmare.  I have
libraries set up to run
End of Month processes.  These libraries are in each of the shemas but I
would like to use one
schema to hold all the  libraries and just call the procedures from this one
schema to run jobs for
the other (hope this makes sense).

When I need to make a procedure change I have to make sure I make the same
change in all.  This
is beginning to become a nightmare!!!  Can this be done?

My test server is Oracle 8 and my production server is on 8i (Soon they will
be both 8i)

Please Help
Thanks