Application server and JavaScript

Post by Mark C. Wilhe » Tue, 20 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I'm having a problem using JavaScript in a document that is generated
dynamically by the PL/SQL cartridge on the Application Server (ver. 3.0).

I am loading the document into a frameset, and I want to write to it using
JavaScript's document.write method.  However, Javascript will not allow
you to write to a frame it thinks is coming from a different domain.  My
first document is coming from mydomain.com, and the app server document is
coming from mydomain.com:4001.  Thus it won't let one write to the
other, even though they're from the same server. Has anyone had any
success convincing JavaScript (via a reset of the document.domain
property) that the documents are coming from trusted servers?

Thanks,
Mark

Mark Wilhelm                    |       (57)3-7418

Instructional Computing,        |       ccat.sas.upenn.edu/~mwilhelm
School of Arts And Sciences     |
University of Pennsylvania      |