API CreateProcess and further child fails

API CreateProcess and further child fails

Post by Peter Baile » Fri, 16 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Bit of a long shot here.. but I'am using the API CreateProcess from
VB to launch a command line that runs the Oracle runtime module
F45Run32.EXE on an NT system (I then use WaitForSingleObject
to wait till its complete so I can clean up the environment)

Now if I execute the same command line directly then all is
well. But when I use CreateProcess to do it, it all starts OK.. untill
the forms module tries to create a further child process ...
at this point it just hangs up.. and I have to use the Task Manager
to kill it off

It just seems that the process created by CreateProcess cannot
create a child!! anyone any ideas at all ?

--

Peb (Peter Bailey)

We are all in the gutter.. but some of us are looking at the stars

1. Backup attempt causes Failed executing API CreateProcess error

I've created a SQL Database Maintenace Plan on a remote NT 4 server (running
MSDE - not a full version of SQL v7).  The problem that I am encountering is
that when I attempt to run the backup I receive the following error:

Server: Msg: 22029 Level: 16 State: 1 Line: 0
Failed executing API CreateProcess

Does anyone know the cause and workaround to resolve this?

Thanks,
Dave

2. How Detect DRI violation in ADO

3. AUSTRALIA: RMIT Computer Science Academic Positions

4. Open internet explorer with createprocess api: same for different charsets (engl, japanese)

5. sp_attach_db

6. DTS Package call another, when child fails, parent fails

7. Syntax for dbexport and dbimport

8. Child of a child of a child hierarchy...

9. Is it possible to create a parent-child record from many matching child-to-child records

10. insert of xml-data with parent-child relationship using updategrams fails

11. NT fails to recognize ODBC API