ODBC Failure with ORA-1013

Post by DWLM » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

When trying to link to an Oracle 8i database using MS-Access,
I get a list of the files that I have access to, but when I select one,
I get an hour-glass for about a minute, and then an ODBC failure
box, followed by an Oracle 1013 error, which states that the user
interrupted the process.  I am able to connect from the workstation
to the same database using the Oracle client with no problem.  It
seems that I am connecting to the service from Access okay since
I can see the table names and so forth, I just can't open them.

Any clues?  I've searched around a bit and found others describing
the same problem, but haven't found any solutions!

Thanks,

Wayne

ODBC Failure with ORA-1013

Post by joc.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:> When trying to link to an Oracle 8i database using MS-Access,
> I get a list of the files that I have access to, but when I select
one,
> I get an hour-glass for about a minute, and then an ODBC failure
> box, followed by an Oracle 1013 error, which states that the user
> interrupted the process.  I am able to connect from the workstation
> to the same database using the Oracle client with no problem.  It
> seems that I am connecting to the service from Access okay since
> I can see the table names and so forth, I just can't open them.

> Any clues?  I've searched around a bit and found others describing
> the same problem, but haven't found any solutions!

I believe that Access allows you to have various timeouts and you may
have a query timeout set at a minute.  You can either remove or
increase that timeout from Access, or you can modify the DSN you're
connecting with by unchecking the box 'Enable Query Timeout'.

--
Justin Cave - Oracle ODBC Development

Opinions expressed herein are my own and may not reflect those of
Oracle Corporation.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. ORA-1013 user requested cancel

This is a report request on AIX RS600 Oracle v.7.3.3. The user insists
the they did not issue an interrupt on the operation. After 2 or 3 tries
the operation (report) will complete.

Any ideas on what is happening. There are no entries in the
product_user_profile table.

Dennis Otero - Oracle DBA
GTE Data Services.

2. HELP: 80286 Informix 3.3 vs. SCO Unix/386 3.2.2

3. Incident # 1013

4. MSAccess Database Size Restriction?

5. 1013, database or alias not found

6. Help About Oracle8.1.3 Beta

7. Oracle Dataserver - getting ORACLE error -1013

8. FAQ for replication user interface / Transactional replication issues

9. P.SQL 2000 (SP1) - Win 3.11 - Error 1013 The task list is full

10. ORA-600, ORA-8177, ORA-6512 Errors via ODBC

11. Ora -1019 and Ora 3121 ( MS ODBC ) on NT Server

12. Memory leak VisualBasic / Access - Ora-ODBC - Ora-DB

13. ORA 1019 then ORA 3121 with MS ODBC for Orcl