Which process hangs?

Post by Reinhard Asmu » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hallo everybody,

when a user make an error in a procedure and test them the process can
hang.

How can I recognize which process hold the procedure?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks Reinhard

Which process hangs?

Post by tan.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:> Hallo everybody,

> when a user make an error in a procedure and test them the process can
> hang.

> How can I recognize which process hold the procedure?

> Any help is appreciated.

> Thanks Reinhard

you can check for their processes in the v$sessions view and use alter
system kill session (SID, SERIAL#) to kill it.

hth
sonya

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. SYBASE GHOST PROCESSES/HUNG PROCESSES

What is the preferred method for elliminating GHOST PROCESSES from SYBASE
492?????  We are having GHOST processes creep into the machine on a
fairly consistent basis and would like a resolution if anyone has one.  We are running
a stored proc that checks for hung processes and kills them at 5-10 second intervals.

This is not the preferred method however because the burden is on our DBAs to deal
with it and I beleive SYBASE should have somthing in their software engine that handles
ghosts.

2. Forms runtime 6i doesn't work from the client.

3. ODS Server process hangs when caller fails

4. Sorting in Datagrid

5. IBM Client Access : DTS processes hang but don't fail

6. Bulk Insert Collation Error

7. sql2kerrlog.exe process hangs jobs

8. Creating MS Word Letter within Access Form

9. DTS Process HANGS

10. backup/restore process hangs

11. ODS process hangs when caller fails ?

12. SQL Executive processes hung

13. Process hangs