SQL/Loader-925: Error while logging on to Oracle (ulmconnect)

SQL/Loader-925: Error while logging on to Oracle (ulmconnect)

Post by PWGSC/TPSG » Wed, 17 Jan 2001 01:03:36

Using sqlldr73, I try to load data and on both Client and Server sides,
I have this error:
SQL*Loader-925: Error Error while logging on to Oracle (ulmconnect)
ORA-12154: TNS: could not resolve service name

Connecting using sqlplus works fine.

Do I have to run a script or setup a service or environment variables in
order for SQL Loader to run?

Merci pour votre aide.

SQL/Loader-925: Error while logging on to Oracle (ulmconnect)

Post by Jean-Claude Matarazz » Wed, 17 Jan 2001 07:49:21

Hello,

You have to give an user, password, connect String to connect to an Oracle
database.

The connect String has to be defined in the
<Oracle_Home>/network/admin/tnsnames.ora

examples:

An example of the file tnsnames.ora, in which you define the connect string
ALI.1 :
ALI.1 =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
      (ADDRESS = (COMMUNITY = TCP.world)(PROTOCOL = TCP)(Host =
192.11.11.11)(Port = 1521))
    )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
      (SID = ALI)
      (GLOBAL_NAME = ALI.world)
    )
  )

I hope it will help you

Regards

Quote:> Using sqlldr73, I try to load data and on both Client and Server sides,
> I have this error:
> SQL*Loader-925: Error Error while logging on to Oracle (ulmconnect)
> ORA-12154: TNS: could not resolve service name

> Connecting using sqlplus works fine.

> Do I have to run a script or setup a service or environment variables in
> order for SQL Loader to run?

> Merci pour votre aide.

SQL/Loader-925: Error while logging on to Oracle (ulmconnect)

Post by PWGSC/TPSG » Wed, 17 Jan 2001 21:56:07

My connection works fine, as I am able to connect using SQL-Plus!

> Hello,

> You have to give an user, password, connect String to connect to an Oracle
> database.

> The connect String has to be defined in the
> <Oracle_Home>/network/admin/tnsnames.ora

> examples:

> An example of the file tnsnames.ora, in which you define the connect string
> ALI.1 :
> ALI.1 =
>   (DESCRIPTION =
>     (ADDRESS_LIST =
>       (ADDRESS = (COMMUNITY = TCP.world)(PROTOCOL = TCP)(Host =
> 192.11.11.11)(Port = 1521))
>     )
>     (CONNECT_DATA =
>       (SID = ALI)
>       (GLOBAL_NAME = ALI.world)
>     )
>   )

> I hope it will help you

> Regards

> > Using sqlldr73, I try to load data and on both Client and Server sides,
> > I have this error:
> > SQL*Loader-925: Error Error while logging on to Oracle (ulmconnect)
> > ORA-12154: TNS: could not resolve service name

> > Connecting using sqlplus works fine.

> > Do I have to run a script or setup a service or environment variables in
> > order for SQL Loader to run?

> > Merci pour votre aide.

1. SQL-Server 2000 / Error 925 / executing stored proc

Hello

I got error 925 Maximum number of used databases for each query has been exceeded.
The maximum allowed is 8.

The stored procedure i executed, has no select which refers to 8 or more
databases. I got the error only a few time. Normally the execution of this stored
proc works without any problem.

Do you know, what may be the problem?

Thanks a lot.

Corsin

2. File Resizing on D3/NT

3. Error 925 / SQL Server 2000 / Stored proc

4. Help wanted optimising a query

5. Error 925 / SQL Server 2000 / Stored Proc

6. should the date stamp on sql 7 .mdf files change?

7. Error 925 Maximum number of used databases for each query has been exceeded

8. How to access a Btrieve db with ADO or DAO ?

9. Error 925: Huh?

10. Error 925

11. error 925 please help it is critical

12. Error : 925, Severity: 19, State: 1