Communication Java Applet and Oracle Database

Communication Java Applet and Oracle Database

Post by Haral » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hello,
I have the following problem: i want to write a Java Applet that receives
Data from a database. The Applet is loaded from machine A, where the
web-server is on, and wants to access the data from machine B that is
behind a firewall, where ORACLE is. My question is, how can i do this? What
software do i need an machine A? Is there a portmapper from ORACLE? Or do i
need the Application Server? Can anybody give me some advice?

Thank you!

Harald

Communication Java Applet and Oracle Database

Post by C. Ferguso » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi Harald,
   If it's the applet that is trying to receive data from the database, you
should be using the thin client driver.  Since the applet is being served up
from a server that is physically different from the database server, your
applet will need to be signed.
  Now, I have not gone throught the firewall, but I believe your firewall needs
to be configured correctly to understand Oracle's needs.  Talk to your sys
admin about it.
Check out the the javasoft web site for info on how to sign your applet.

hth,
cindy

> Hello,
> I have the following problem: i want to write a Java Applet that receives
> Data from a database. The Applet is loaded from machine A, where the
> web-server is on, and wants to access the data from machine B that is
> behind a firewall, where ORACLE is. My question is, how can i do this? What
> software do i need an machine A? Is there a portmapper from ORACLE? Or do i
> need the Application Server? Can anybody give me some advice?

> Thank you!

> Harald

1. Communication between Java Applet and Javascript

Hi,

Can anybody 'check and correct' the following code of java applet and
javascript.

Situation : A java applet parameter will call a javascript function and
receive a value return by the javascript.

Thanks in advance.

regards,
Friends.

Java Code:

public class TEST extends Applet
{
        public void init()
        {
                String input = getParameter("getCode");

                List list = new List();
                add(list);
                list.addItem(input);
        }

HTML code:

<head>

<title></title>

</head>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
 <!--
function temp()
{
        var myCode;
        myCode = "AER678";
        return myCode;
// -->/n

</SCRIPT>

<center>

<applet code="TEST.class" width=300 height=200>
<param name="getCode" value='javascript:temp();'>
</applet>

Name      : Megat Shamsul Nizam M. Nazin

Url       : http://www.netshoppe.com.my

2. W4GL hInstance and hwnd

3. How Call Java Applet from Oracle Java Application

4. Need help on creating interfaces file on solaris

5. connect a Java applet to an Oracle database

6. FYI on Computer Based Titles for Oracle

7. oracle database with java applets....

8. UNIQUE and NULL in SQL

9. Applet to database communication using beans...

10. Applet to Oracle communication

11. JDBC-Driver (java.sql) with Java-Applets

12. Applet Name: SpreadSheet.Java - Problem: java.lang.nul.pointer