Default Oracle Users and Passwords?

Post by Bill Bak » Fri, 30 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Does anyone know what the default Oracle User Names and Passwords are?
I just installed the downloadable version of Oracle 8 and I can't seem
to find this anywhere.
Many Thanks in Advance,

Bill Baker

Please reply by email also if you post an answer to the group.

Post by Baur Ud » Fri, 30 Jan 1998 04:00:00

> Does anyone know what the default Oracle User Names and Passwords are?
> I just installed the downloadable version of Oracle 8 and I can't seem
> to find this anywhere.
> Many Thanks in Advance,

> Bill Baker

> Please reply by email also if you post an answer to the group.

  Hi Bill,

try these: SCOTT / TIGER
hope it helps.

Post by Manfred Traumuelle » Fri, 30 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Hi Bill !

User: SYS  Password: CHANGE_ON_INSTALL
User: SYSTEM  Password: MANAGER
Br Manfred

> Does anyone know what the default Oracle User Names and Passwords are?
> I just installed the downloadable version of Oracle 8 and I can't seem
> to find this anywhere.
> Many Thanks in Advance,

> Bill Baker

> Please reply by email also if you post an answer to the group.

Post by Bill Bak » Fri, 30 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Thanks so much for your help folks, it's made my life much easier!

Bill

1. What is the default password for the postgres user in the default

        Anyone know what the default password is for the postgres user? When
trying to use createuser, the password for the postgres user is asked. What
is that default password? I searched all through the docs but couldn't find
it.

Thanks.

2. Melbourne Australia Ingres DBA

3. Changing passwords for Oracle-installed Default users

4. Displaying images for a given value with the use of a DataGrid

5. Urgent for Default User name and Password for Oracle 8

6. datetime conversion

7. Default Password for Oracle user Internal

8. Help: Using UPDATE and identity columns

9. What is the default password for the postgres user in

10. default password for user SYS ?

11. Setting the default username and password in access/oracle

12. Oracle 8.1.6 Default Internal Password

13. Default Oracle 8 Passwords?