Recommended RAM for Oracle 9i + 9iAS

Post by Ronny Egne » Tue, 27 Nov 2001 05:36:38

Hi,
I'd like to setup up Oracle 9i Portal.
I do think 1 GB RAM just for testing
purposes should be enough for the Database
and the AS.

Or should I use more RAM ???

Ronny

Recommended RAM for Oracle 9i + 9iAS

Post by Klaus Zeuc » Tue, 27 Nov 2001 08:24:44

Quote:> Hi,
> I'd like to setup up Oracle 9i Portal.
> I do think 1 GB RAM just for testing
> purposes should be enough for the Database
> and the AS.

> Or should I use more RAM ???

According to the Oracle 9i by examples series on OTN you currently can't
install Oracle Portal in 9i databases (didn't verify that and just followed
their recommendation):

"In this module, you will learn how to install an Oracle8i database for use
with Oracle9iAS 1.0.2.2. An Oracle8i database must be installed so that you
can install Oracle9iAS Portal. In future releases of Oracle9iAS, you will be
able to install Oracle9iAS Portal into an Oracle9i database."

Klaus

Recommended RAM for Oracle 9i + 9iAS

Post by Byron Mille » Tue, 27 Nov 2001 09:04:57

Oracle 9iAS installs just fine in Oracle 9i.  9iAS R2 will support it
directly, otherwise simply follow the notes on Metalink where you set a
compatibility flag in 9i for the installer and install a few jdbc patches.

-byron