Cron Backup Script ?

Post by shridhar chikkod » Wed, 18 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Hi:

I want to perform oracle DB backup periodically.  Someone suggested that
I use a script and submit the script to Crontab.  Does  any one have a
sample script ?  I use Oracle 7.3.3 on HP-UX .  Thanks in advance for
your help.

Cron Backup Script ?

Post by t.. » Wed, 18 Mar 1998 04:00:00

: I want to perform oracle DB backup periodically.  Someone suggested that
: I use a script and submit the script to Crontab.  Does  any one have a
: sample script ?  I use Oracle 7.3.3 on HP-UX .  Thanks in advance for
: your help.

There are a number of different backup methods, so it would be helpful if
you could indicate which you plan to use.

IAP

Cron Backup Script ?

Post by Tony de Lang » Sat, 21 Mar 1998 04:00:00

I have written a script that can perform cold backups submitted through a
cron using various parameters. If you are interested contact me at

>Hi:

>I want to perform oracle DB backup periodically.  Someone suggested that
>I use a script and submit the script to Crontab.  Does  any one have a
>sample script ?  I use Oracle 7.3.3 on HP-UX .  Thanks in advance for
>your help.

1. Vacuum Analyze - CRON script running correctly?

I hava a cron job which VACUUM ANALYZES my databases, and records the
output to a file, as follows:

13 23 * * * /usr/local/pgsql/bin/vacuumdb --full --analyze --verbose -p
5432 -d planroomsk >> /usr/local/pgsql/vacinfoSK

When I view the file after this, all that it contains are lines of:
VACUUM
VACUUM
VACUUM
I get one VACUUM each time the script runs. However, when I run the
command from the shell prompt I get screens and screens of detail.

I really only want to see the details to re-assure myself that
everything was properly vacuumed / analyzed, otherwise I do not need the
details. Can anyone tell me whether or not it is doing the full analyze?

BTW psql 7.3.1 redhat linux 7.0(?)

TIA
Ron St-Pierre

2. Datepart question: converting from access to sql server. HELP!!!

3. shell script with sqlplus call not working in cron

4. Microsoft XP Professional

5. cron and scripts vs dbms_job, utl_file etc

6. Additem, List etc. problem in access application

7. Generic script for setting up correct cron environment?

8. ALTER INDEX question.

9. Cron scripts

10. cron scripting of sql*plus

11. V$ views in CRON SQL*Plus script - shell thinks $xxx is a variable

12. Scripts to shut down and restart Sybase from a cron job

13. Scripting & cron help needed