Setting NLS_LANG env. variable

Post by Pedro Tavare » Thu, 11 Mar 1999 04:00:00

When I try to set the value of the environment variable:
NLS_LANG=portuguese_portugal.we8dec; export NLS_LANG
is a HP-UX 10.20 platform running 7.3.2 Oracle Server, and after I try to
run a Pro*C program, I receive the message that the NLS parameter is invalid
or unknown.
What should I do?
The database was created using WE8DEC character set.
Thanks

Pedro Tavares
C.M.V.M.
Lisbon, Portugal

1. HELP:Setting the NLS_LANG env parameter

Greetings Y'all

How can I set the NLS_LANG environment variable for the Oracle Server
running on an NT box.

Whenever I try to log into our other Oracle DB on the AIX box it complains
with an error message ORA-12705 invalid or unknown NLS parameter value
specified.
The explaination for the message ask to set the NLS_LANG env. variable. I
have looked up the docs and its not obvious on how to do it.

thanks for your help,
Ranjan

Ranjan Kohli
AIMED Member & Chief Trouble Maker

          MacXperts, Inc.
software design & engineering

804.353.7122

2. Will ORM take off?

3. Which and Why?

4. How to set DATETIME ENV variable???

5. Informix JWorks

6. Problem with Reports when NLS_LANG set

7. Creating an alphabetical index of authors...

8. Setting NLS_LANG on W2000

9. How to set NLS_LANG of a database?

10. Re-setting NLS_LANG from C++/OCI app

11. 2 nls_lang settings on 1 client

12. Question setting languaje (NLS_LANG)