8I EE on RH 6.0: can't specify MAXEXTENTS UNLIMITED

8I EE on RH 6.0: can't specify MAXEXTENTS UNLIMITED

Post by Kevin O'Gorma » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Surely I'm doing something wrong.  I'm quite new to Oracle, so be
gentle...

I've just installed 8i EE on a fresh RH 6.0 system.  I copied some of
the commands from the scripts
that made my database because I want to create my own tablespace.  For
some reason, the
MAXEXTENTS UNLIMITED that I copied is unacceptable to svrmgrl.  It
complains of an
illegal value.  When I remove that phrase, the commands go through.

Any hints?

--

1. Oracle 8i EE on Linux: can't set MAXEXTENTS UNLIMITED.

I'm really new to Oracle, so I'm hoping this is an easy question.

I just got 8i up on RedHat 6.0 (unmodified).  I built a database.  I'm
about to set up some more
tablespaces, but when I include MAXEXTENTS UNLIMITED in the
CREATE TABLESPACE
command (under svrmgrl)  it complains about and illegal value for
MAXEXTENTS.  If I take out
that phrase, leaving MINEXTENTS 1 and  PCTINCREASE 0, it goes through
okay.

This seems really peculiar, because I had cut-and-pasted this from the
script that created my
database.

Any clues?

--

2. Btrieve Status 2

3. Maxextents unlimited on LMT ?

4. Creating related records

5. Oracle 8i EE SDE extensions on 8i

6. SQL question, third try...

7. if you will promise Allahdad's swamp against cans, it will angrily depart the unit

8. Finding VFP 3.0

9. installing 8i on RH Linux 6.2?

10. Oracle 8.1.5 Installation Problem on RH 6.0 Linux

11. 8i on RH Linux: new user cannot sign on SQL*Plus

12. Installing Oracle 8i 8.1.6 on RH 6.1

13. HELP : Installing Oracle 8i 8.1.6 on RH 6.1