finding privileges granted to roles - Urgent!

finding privileges granted to roles - Urgent!

Post by Brian Camero » Fri, 14 May 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

We are having a permissions problem. There are two database instances on

separate machines, which are the supposed to be the same structure.

One instance works and one doesn't

To find out what is wrong I need to identify and compare two databases
in
each database

I need to identify what objects these roles have been granted priviliges
on
(select, insert, update,delete) and then compare them.

I propose a sql statement spooled to a file which would list each role
and
each object that it has privileges on.

The at the unix level diff the files.

Can any one help me with the correct SQL statement to gather the info I
need?

Oracle is  7344
OS is Digital unix V4.0e

TIA

Brian

--
Hi

You have to select from DBA_TAB_PRIVS and DBA_SYS_PRIVS to get the granted
privileges of the database. Maybe You have also to select from
DBA_COL_PRIVS.

Best Regards,

Ralph Ganszky

* The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official
* standpoints of my employer or third-party organizations.

1. finding grants to roles - Urgent

[...]

2. Sydney Paradox 6 month jobs

3. Granted Role privileges not working

4. Help !!! SUSPECT flag on my database

5. Directly or via role granted object privileges

6. display special characters in TSO

7. does granting privileges to a role automatically cascade to users

8. [HACKERS] Re: Re: grant privileges to a database [URGENT]

9. grant privileges to a database [URGENT]

10. GRANT/PRIVILEGE PROBLEM: URGENT

11. direct grant vs. grant via role

12. Difference between grant to user and grant to role