HELP------SNMP agent ----Monitoring System....

Post by HardSt0 » Wed, 01 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Hello,
    I need to set up a monitoring system for oracle server running v7.3.2.1.1
 on
    windows NT3.51 platform. Could any one help me on this. I want this system
    to page me if server goes down for any reason or when memory reaches to a
    critical value.( as NT has memory leakage problem)

     If U have worked on such thing or have any info could U please let me know
     how I can use SNMP agent provided by Oracle or something else to achieve
     this.

     Thanks...

HELP------SNMP agent ----Monitoring System....

Post by Greg Kain » Sat, 04 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Oracle Enterprise Manager has SNMP functions that will allow
for email or page alert on programmable conditions; will also
fire off "fix-it" jobs for selectable/programmable conditions.

> Hello,
>     I need to set up a monitoring system for oracle server running v7.3.2.1.1
>  on
>     windows NT3.51 platform. Could any one help me on this. I want this system
>     to page me if server goes down for any reason or when memory reaches to a
>     critical value.( as NT has memory leakage problem)

>      If U have worked on such thing or have any info could U please let me know
>      how I can use SNMP agent provided by Oracle or something else to achieve
>      this.

>      Thanks...

               DataWeb Consulting Services, Inc.
              "Web-enabling your databases today"
voice:(303)517-3863                       FAX:(303)422-5107

1. Setup SNMP Agent (snmp.ora)

--------------992DBE86BBE62C1BEDC3F171

Hi folks,

does anybody know how to properly setup the Oracle SNMP agent and/or can
supply an appropriate 'snmp.ora'?

Many thanx,
Martin

--------------992DBE86BBE62C1BEDC3F171

begin:          vcard
fn:             Martin HEIN
n:              HEIN;Martin
org:            max.mobil.
adr:            Kelsenstrasse 5-7;;;Vienna;Vienna;A-1030;Austria/Europe

title:          Internet/Intranet Analyst/Admin
tel;work:       +43-1-79585-337
tel;fax:        +43-1-79585-529
tel;home:       +43-676-3456-337
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: TRUE
end:            vcard

--------------992DBE86BBE62C1BEDC3F171--

2. US - CO -DENVER -- SQL DEVELOPERS (ORACLE,SYBASE,INFORMIX OR SQL SERVER ) -- REcruiter

3. Informix SNMP agent with Netscape master and proxy agents

4. Sybase on MD or LVM under Linux ?

5. Need help to configure SNMP AGENT in ORACLE

6. FAME vs. ASSET CONTROL

7. Help ----- SNMP Agent

8. NY: Sybase Database Manager - upto 300$ K

9. HELP----SNMP AGENT-----

10. SNMP Agent Setup - Pls help

11. HELP -- SNMP AGENT

12. One of publication listed under Replication Monitor/Agents/Merge Agents was automatically removed