Length of a LONG RAW?

Post by Phillip Whettloc » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

The LENGTH function can be used to find the actual length of a column of
type VARCHAR2.
What is the equivalent for a column of type LONG RAW?

Thanks, Phillip

Ps I'm using Oracle 7.3.4

Length of a LONG RAW?

Post by Phung Hoang-V » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

In PL/SQL: The length function can be used to compute the length of LONG
too.
So I think it must work for LONG RAW. (try and you will see)
I always use PL/SQL because it is more powerful than normal SQL and it
is accepted
by sql plus of course.

> The LENGTH function can be used to find the actual length of a column of
> type VARCHAR2.
> What is the equivalent for a column of type LONG RAW?

> Thanks, Phillip

> Ps I'm using Oracle 7.3.4

1. length of a long raw column

Hi Oracle PL/SQL experts,

how do i examine the length of a long raw column
with PL/SQL and sqlplus?

Example:
create table foobar (id number, foo long raw);
insert into foobar values (1, '010101');

select length(foo) from foobar
              *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00932: inconsistent datatypes

Can Oracle PL/SQL experts there help me?

Thanks
Thomas

2. how to get the most recent sqlstatement

3. database shrink

4. LONG RAW to LONG RAW

5. North Carolina - Oracle DBA

6. long raw length

7. Warning: PostgresSQL query failed????`

8. Length of LONG RAW field

9. Raw, Long Raw columns

10. Help: How to deal with chained_rows with raw and long raw column

11. ~How to use RAW and LONG RAW columns ?