Oracle 7 vs 8, Unix vs NT

Post by ton.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Is there any compact compilation of features/bugs of and differences
between

(a) Oracle running under Unix vs Win/NT (performance, satelite-products
available etc...)

and

(b) Old and New Oracle Products (Versions 7 vs 8)? I'm especially
looking for information on prblems occuring during and after migration.

Thanks!!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Oracle 7 vs 8, Unix vs NT

Post by Van Messne » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

    This question (about the differences) comes up fairly often.  You can
search deja news to find the papers that others have recomended.  In terms
of v7 against v8, you might have some problems with a migration.  But I'm
sure you'll solve them.  You can always try a migration with the
export/import method (which leaves your v7 database intact) as an experiment
to see what you might face.
    As a practical matter what are you going to do?  Earlier versions of v7
are no longer supported by Oracle.  V8 has already been out for what, 18
months?  It won't be that long before v7.3 is no longer supported.  At some
point you'll have to migrate or pray that you never need help.

Van

> Is there any compact compilation of features/bugs of and differences
> between

> (a) Oracle running under Unix vs Win/NT (performance, satelite-products
> available etc...)

> and

> (b) Old and New Oracle Products (Versions 7 vs 8)? I'm especially
> looking for information on prblems occuring during and after migration.

> Thanks!!

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

1. Oracle 7 vs 8 and Oracle Unix vs Win/NT

Being dealing with Oracle only a couple of days I've a very basic
question:
Is there any compact compilation of features/bugs of and differences
between

(a) Oracle running under Unix vs Win/NT (performance differences,
specific installtion problems, available satelite-products etc...)

and
(b) Old and New Oracle Products (Versions 7 vs 8)?

Looking forward to hearing from you!!!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. How to BCP from Delphi?

3. NT vs W2k vs Unix

4. Boston Oracle DBA

5. Oracle on Unix vs Oracle on win nt

6. online community

7. NT Oracle vs. Unix Oracle

8. Multiple page reports - Problem

9. Oracle Enterprise Manager on NT vs Oracle Enterprise on UNIX

10. Oracle NT vs Oracle UNIX

11. Oracle vs NT vs ...

12. NT vs SCO - Oracle vs SQLServer

13. Sql Server vs Oracle vs Ibm vs....