Oracle 8i for Linux license

Post by Steve Parke » Wed, 02 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

Can anyone tell me the limitations that the developer lisence imposes
(as opposed to the production license)?   Are multiple concurrent
connections still supported (technically)?

Also, what are the licensing prices for Linux?  same as for other OSes?

any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
steve

1. Connection Pooling / Licenses Control on Oracle 8i

I am trying to write a server (mostly using RMI with the clients) and in
order to control all the licenses that we have (15 total) in the Oracle 8i.
I am thinking that a Connection Pooling with fit perfectly.
  However, I wonder if someone could advise me for a better solution or so.
This server will both serve applications within a Intranet as well as
Servlets on the Internet.

Thanks

2. Please help with "Oracle Not Available" via tcp

3. Oracle 8i CDROM license

4. Grant all permissions in 7.0

5. Oracle 8i Licensing Question

6. pgsql/src/backend/utils/init (postinit.c)

7. Licensing costs for application that uses Oracle 8i

8. reading Paradox files

9. Monitoring NT-Sybase from Linux without Linux-license?

10. Oracle 8i MTS (Oracle 8i for Windows NT - Oracle Services for Microsoft Transaction Server)

11. cost of Oracle 8 license for Linux Web server usage

12. Oracle on linux license