question on oracle 8.1.6 installation on NT 4.0 workstation

question on oracle 8.1.6 installation on NT 4.0 workstation

Post by Alice X » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I am trying to install Oracle 8.1.6 personal edition on WINNT 4.0
workstation. I got an error message complaining "Error in writing to file
C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\msvcrt.dll".   I download "libraries update" from
Microsoft, it did not help.

Does anyone run into similar problem ?  Also does anyone know if 8.1.6
standard edition runs on NT workstation or NT server only?

Thanks in Advance.

Alice

question on oracle 8.1.6 installation on NT 4.0 workstation

Post by Michelle Bonugl » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Continue the install and then copy that file from the cd-rom after you have
completed the installation.

I had this problem on the first install I did.  On three other installs, I
didn't.

Michelle Bonugli
Sr. Oracle DBA
MotherNature.com

Quote:

> I am trying to install Oracle 8.1.6 personal edition on WINNT 4.0
> workstation. I got an error message complaining "Error in writing to file
> C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\msvcrt.dll".   I download "libraries update" from
> Microsoft, it did not help.

> Does anyone run into similar problem ?  Also does anyone know if 8.1.6
> standard edition runs on NT workstation or NT server only?

> Thanks in Advance.

> Alice

question on oracle 8.1.6 installation on NT 4.0 workstation

Post by Alice X » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I ignored the error mesg. and continued the installation. Then I tried to
copy the .dll from the CD to C:\winnt\system32. it says that the file cannot
be replaced because it is being used by Windows. I killed as many as
processes as possible. It did not help.

Any more suggestions?   Thanks.

Alice

> Continue the install and then copy that file from the cd-rom after you
have
> completed the installation.

> I had this problem on the first install I did.  On three other installs, I
> didn't.

> Michelle Bonugli
> Sr. Oracle DBA
> MotherNature.com

> > I am trying to install Oracle 8.1.6 personal edition on WINNT 4.0
> > workstation. I got an error message complaining "Error in writing to
file
> > C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\msvcrt.dll".   I download "libraries update" from
> > Microsoft, it did not help.

> > Does anyone run into similar problem ?  Also does anyone know if 8.1.6
> > standard edition runs on NT workstation or NT server only?

> > Thanks in Advance.

> > Alice

question on oracle 8.1.6 installation on NT 4.0 workstation

Post by Jesse van Oor » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

download the latest OraInstaller from oracle-ftp.oracle.com.
This is a known bug.

Jesse

--
Jesse van Oort
KSI International Services

> I ignored the error mesg. and continued the installation. Then I tried to
> copy the .dll from the CD to C:\winnt\system32. it says that the file
cannot
> be replaced because it is being used by Windows. I killed as many as
> processes as possible. It did not help.

> Any more suggestions?   Thanks.

> Alice

> > Continue the install and then copy that file from the cd-rom after you
> have
> > completed the installation.

> > I had this problem on the first install I did.  On three other installs,
> > didn't.

> > Michelle Bonugli
> > Sr. Oracle DBA
> > MotherNature.com

> > > I am trying to install Oracle 8.1.6 personal edition on WINNT 4.0
> > > workstation. I got an error message complaining "Error in writing to
> file
> > > C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\msvcrt.dll".   I download "libraries update" from
> > > Microsoft, it did not help.

> > > Does anyone run into similar problem ?  Also does anyone know if 8.1.6
> > > standard edition runs on NT workstation or NT server only?

> > > Thanks in Advance.

> > > Alice

1. SQL 6.5 Workstation Installation Problem on NT 4.0 Workstation

Software

NT Workstation 4.0     with no Service Pack applied.
SQL 6.5 Workstation   with no Service Pack applied.

MS loopback installed.
No network card.
Use dynamic IP via ras to ISP.

Problem

After installing SQL on the E: drive,
Enterprise Manager does not see the (local) server and
cannot connect to it.

Solution

I installed SQL on the C: drive instead of the E: drive.
It works just fine. How aggrevating!
Apparently, SQL Workstation  will only install properly
on the C: drive.
I will report bug to MS.

2. about dblib

3. problems with installation of SQL Workstation 6.0 on NT Workstation 4.0

4. insert into statment - RAWID, Oracle 8

5. SQL Server installation on NT 4.0 Workstation

6. ADO Error - Is it a version conflict?

7. Microsoft SQL server 7.0 installation fails on NT 4.0 sp6a + nt optionpack

8. Oracle 8 installation on NT 4.0

9. Help on Oracle 7.3 Installation on Windows NT 4.0

10. Installation PSQL 7 and NT 4.0 Server with Arcserve 6.5 for NT