Relinking SQL*Net libraries

Post by Roger A Marol » Tue, 01 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hello,

how does one relink the SQL*Net V2 libraries to the operating system
networking software?
Environment is Oracle 7.3.2.3.0 Workgroup Server running on AIX 4.3.1.
I can't find it in the manuals so please help!
Thanks in advance,

Roger Marolt

Post by Michael Bierenfel » Tue, 01 Dec 1998 04:00:00

> Hello,

> how does one relink the SQL*Net V2 libraries to the operating system
> networking software?
> Environment is Oracle 7.3.2.3.0 Workgroup Server running on AIX 4.3.1.
> I can't find it in the manuals so please help!
> Thanks in advance,

> Roger Marolt

  Hello,

if you just have to relink the executables there are two choices :

1) This can be done with the Oracle-Installer. Maintenace Tasks->Relink
Product Executables->Select Sql-Net V2. Start. Done.

2)  $ORACLE_HOME/network/lib. Contains a makefile "ins_network.mk". Start
it as User Oracle with "make -f ins_network.mk"-> done.

If you have to relink the Libraries (eg. for shared library support):

- Checkout $ORACLE_HOME/lib/clntsh.mk. This Makefile generates a shared
lib "libclntsh.so". This one can be used for your client-programms.

- Exctract the *.o Files out of the Libs with the "ar"-Command. Relink
them.

Regards

Michael