UNLOAD functions in ORACLE ?

Post by Stefano Bell » Wed, 18 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Are there Oracle tools to unload  table's data directly to a sequential file
?
Thi function  woul be useful to migrate data toward  non Oracle DBMS.

To clarify: I'm  looking  for  something like  DB2  o Informix's   unload
statements :   the  Oracle dbexport is useless for me because of proprietary
format of output file.

Any suggestion is welcome

Stefano Bello

begin 666 ATT00052.gif
<encoded_portion_removed>

UNLOAD functions in ORACLE ?

Post by Thomas Ky » Wed, 18 Aug 1999 04:00:00

(if that email address didn't require changing)

>Are there Oracle tools to unload  table's data directly to a sequential file
>?
>Thi function  woul be useful to migrate data toward  non Oracle DBMS.

>To clarify: I'm  looking  for  something like  DB2  o Informix's   unload
>statements :   the  Oracle dbexport is useless for me because of proprietary
>format of output file.

>Any suggestion is welcome

>Stefano Bello

see the site in my signature.  It has a simple tool for doing that using
sqlplus.

--
See http://govt.us.oracle.com/~tkyte/ for my columns 'Digging-in to Oracle8i'...
Current article is "Part I of V, Autonomous Transactions" updated June 21'st

Oracle Service Industries     Reston, VA   USA