Lost-Focus in Forms 4.5

Post by Jimm » Fri, 28 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Hello all,

        How to do an action like lost-focus in Powerbuilder in Forms4.5. i.e. a
user click to or move to an item. When the user leave the item by
keyboard or by mouse, an action is automatically fired. I have tried
Post trigger in Form4.5. It will fine in normal mode. However, in the
Enter-Query mode, this trigger did not work. How can I solve this
problem?

Thanks,
Jimmy

Lost-Focus in Forms 4.5

Post by Martin Dic » Sat, 29 Nov 1997 04:00:00

From memory, make sure the check box (fire in enter query mode) is on.
And the same trigger should work.

>Hello all,

> How to do an action like lost-focus in Powerbuilder in Forms4.5. i.e. a
>user click to or move to an item. When the user leave the item by
>keyboard or by mouse, an action is automatically fired. I have tried
>Post trigger in Form4.5. It will fine in normal mode. However, in the
>Enter-Query mode, this trigger did not work. How can I solve this
>problem?

>Thanks,
>Jimmy

Lost-Focus in Forms 4.5

Post by <garfi.. » Sun, 30 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Try the when_mouse_leave   or  when_validate_item , but the
when_validate_item trigger only fires when you keyin something at an item
first, and leave the item .

From memory, make sure the check box (fire in enter query mode) is on.
And the same trigger should work.

>Hello all,

> How to do an action like lost-focus in Powerbuilder in Forms4.5. i.e. a
>user click to or move to an item. When the user leave the item by
>keyboard or by mouse, an action is automatically fired. I have tried
>Post trigger in Form4.5. It will fine in normal mode. However, in the
>Enter-Query mode, this trigger did not work. How can I solve this
>problem?

>Thanks,
>Jimmy

1. Losing Access To Database Procedures From FORMS 4.5

We are Running Oracle 7.3 and FORMS 4.5.  We are experiencing problems
accessing STORED PROCEDURES from the FORMS.  The errors received is
something like "PROCEDURE Not declared in this scope".  This problem seems
intermittent and can happen to 1 developer, but not his neighbor connected
to the same server.  The next moment, the neighbor could have access, but
not the first person.  A developer can get the problem and sometimes
recompile a program unit in order for it to go away.  In all cases,
developers are able to log into the database using SQL*PLUS with the same
database connection as FORMS 4.5 designer and access the stored procedures.

We can not find a consistent work around and are experiencing work loss.

I hope someone has some good advice.

Thanks,

Sandy

2. Rollback is not happening and locks not released in SQL server 2000

3. Textbox scrollbars flicker when focus is lost to another form

4. Best book on FoxPro 2.6 for a beginner

5. Focus lost on form

6. Passing a collection by value and not by ref?

7. Form loses focus

8. VFP 3.0 Form losing focus

9. runtime exe ( forms focus / no focus)

10. DENYING TRIGGERS/FOCUS PROBLEMS - 4.5 DOS

11. Portage d'une application de FORMS 3.0 en FORMS 4.5

12. Migrating SQL*Forms 3.0 to Forms 4.5, 5 or 6