I want the search result display like altavista style, How?

I want the search result display like altavista style, How?

Post by Pao W » Thu, 20 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I'am writing a web site using PL/SQL.The result from a select statement return
1000 records, I want cut them into 20 records per page (just like altavista
search engine), I am know using a counter to count until it reach 20 inside
the fetch statement. Is there a better way to fetch certain range of records
(for example 20th - 40th) from the return of a select statement.

Can I save the first search result to a temp table, so when user click "next
20" I don't have to issue the select statement again which will save a lot
time. But when I will drop the temp table?

1. Altavista style

A little bit of a newbie on SQL server, Im trying to build a Altavista style
search result, where you can get 20 rows from page 5 for example. Ive tried
to built it with SQL cursors (Fetch Relative) nd Temp tables but I cant get
any reel speed in it.

The table contains about 15000 records. Small results are quick but larger
(1000-) are very slow.

Please anyone, give me some hints.

Magnus Hagstr?m

2. SQL question

3. Full text search results not displaying

4. Create Pdx table at runtime

5. limit search result display on web page??

6. Building on OS X 10.2 Jaguar

7. How to Display Search Results Across Several Tables

8. need help with access query/code

9. Seeking advice on displaying search results

10. How do I display search results across pages???

11. sql query to display search engine paging results

12. Help needed optimizing display of search results in a web page

13. search across files, two criteria, display results