Oracle on Network Appliance's Netapp Filer

Oracle on Network Appliance's Netapp Filer

Post by lasal.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

We currently run Oracle 7.3.4 on HP-UX 10.20 and Oracle8 on NT.
We recently had a presentation from Network Appliance on their Network-
Attached-Storage (NAS)product called the NetApp Filer. I previously had
reservations about using a mission critical system with an NFS server,
but the presentation and literature was most impressive. Have any of
you had any experience with it and would you recommend it? It would
make a great storage platform for us it delivers as advertised. They
are on the OCSP(Oracle Storage Compatibility Program)Member List. The
product's URL is http://www.netapp.com/products/filer/

thanks,

George

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Oracle on Network Appliance's Netapp Filer

Post by fro_do » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I attended a similar presentation and agree that it is a
rather impressive storage solution.  We ran some informal tests
and everything worked as advertised.  To get some serious
performance out of it, you'll need at least 100Mb ethernet,
preferably Gigabit ethernet connecting the database server to the
Filer.  The tests we ran, we maxed out the 100Mb segment we were
on before reaching the I/O capabilities of the Filer.  The
snapshot feature is particularly cool!

Doug.

>We currently run Oracle 7.3.4 on HP-UX 10.20 and Oracle8 on NT.
>We recently had a presentation from Network Appliance on their
Network-
>Attached-Storage (NAS)product called the NetApp Filer. I
previously had
>reservations about using a mission critical system with an NFS
server,
>but the presentation and literature was most impressive. Have
any of
>you had any experience with it and would you recommend it? It
would
>make a great storage platform for us it delivers as advertised.
They
>are on the OCSP(Oracle Storage Compatibility Program)Member
List. The
>product's URL is http://www.netapp.com/products/filer/

>thanks,

>George

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com

Oracle on Network Appliance's Netapp Filer

Post by root » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Gigabit switched is essential if you are going to run datafiles on a
remote Filer.

On Thu, 22 Jun 2000 20:23:56 -0700, fro_doe

>I attended a similar presentation and agree that it is a
>rather impressive storage solution.  We ran some informal tests
>and everything worked as advertised.  To get some serious
>performance out of it, you'll need at least 100Mb ethernet,
>preferably Gigabit ethernet connecting the database server to the
>Filer.  The tests we ran, we maxed out the 100Mb segment we were
>on before reaching the I/O capabilities of the Filer.  The
>snapshot feature is particularly cool!

>Doug.

>>We currently run Oracle 7.3.4 on HP-UX 10.20 and Oracle8 on NT.
>>We recently had a presentation from Network Appliance on their
>Network-
>>Attached-Storage (NAS)product called the NetApp Filer. I
>previously had
>>reservations about using a mission critical system with an NFS
>server,
>>but the presentation and literature was most impressive. Have
>any of
>>you had any experience with it and would you recommend it? It
>would
>>make a great storage platform for us it delivers as advertised.
>They
>>are on the OCSP(Oracle Storage Compatibility Program)Member
>List. The
>>product's URL is http://www.netapp.com/products/filer/

>>thanks,

>>George

>>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>>Before you buy.

>Got questions?  Get answers over the phone at Keen.com.
>Up to 100 minutes free!
>http://www.keen.com

1. Network Appliance's Netapp Filer and Oracle

We currently run Oracle 7.3.4 on HP-UX 10.20 and Oracle8 on NT.
We recently had a presentation from Network Appliance on their Network-
Attached-Storage (NAS)product called the NetApp Filer. I previously had
reservations about using a mission critical system with an NFS server,
but the presentation and literature was most impressive. Have any of
you had any experience with it and would you recommend it? It would
make a great storage platform for us it delivers as advertised. They
are on the OCSP(Oracle Storage Compatibility Program)Member List. The
product's URL is http://www.netapp.com/products/filer/

thanks,

George

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Cry for help: how to make exp faster?

3. Anyone using Network Appliance (netapp) and Oracle?

4. connecting from second domain

5. HELP: SQL databases on Network Appliance filers (Oracle and/or Microsoft)

6. info requested about repositories

7. Ontape restore with different informix versions

8. Network Appliance filers SQL

9. Network Appliance filers and SQL Server 7.0

10. SQL 2000 running on a Network Appliance 820 filer

11. Network Appliance Filers