How Do I - Issue Grants and Revokes from inside app

How Do I - Issue Grants and Revokes from inside app

Post by Ken Brow » Fri, 23 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I want to have a system whereby if a user has an option set in a table a
Role will be granted or revoked as required.

Using forms 5 - would prefer a trigger type solution but would settle for
something in forms if I had to

i.e.

IF type = 'Yes' THEN
GRANT role TO user;
ELSE
REVOKE role FROM user;
END IF;

Any ideas ?

How Do I - Issue Grants and Revokes from inside app

Post by Andrew Bab » Fri, 23 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Ken,

You will have to issue the DDL operation via the DBMS_SQL package. This can
be either client or server side. The choice is yours.

Andrew

Post by Frank van Borte » Fri, 23 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> Ken,

> You will have to issue the DDL operation via the DBMS_SQL package. This can
> be either client or server side. The choice is yours.

agreed, but do you really want to grant and revoke? Or do you want a user to be

able to do something for this session only? In that case, take a look into the
SET ROLE
command. You'll need it anyway, as you do not grant the role as default, so it
won't
be active after logon.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,
kind regards,

Frank van Bortel
Technical consultant Oracle
V&L Informatica BV
Work                           Home
Postbus 545                    Hunzestraat 4
7500 AM Enschede               7555 WB Hengelo
(31)53.434.1500                (31)74.242.5046

1. Grant/revoke on Multiple objects!!Pls Help!!!Urgent!!

Hi,
I'm attempting to do the same as Sriram. Thanks for your advice Oj, but
how do I make all those lovely 'grant ... ' become a reality and run,
rather than just be a list for me?
many thanks in advance,
Andrew

2. Printing on HP 3100 doesn't work (V7.3C&Win95/98)

3. ORACLE 7.3 JDBC THIN driver problem

4. Grant/Revoke Where?

5. OSDBA vs SYSDBA

6. GRANT and REVOKE Problem

7. Problems with the menu bar

8. Revoke/grant use of index

9. Triggering Grant/Revoke

10. REVOKE GRANT OPTION FOR Requires CASCADE - Why???

11. Grant All and Revoke All in SqlServer 7.0

12. Grant/Revoke Permissions