Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-12705

Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-12705

Post by tim_mccone.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi..

On one client (a new install) I get the following message when I connect
with ODBC or through SQL PLus...
Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-12705

The client is an NT Workstation. In English...
The regional setting are set to english U/S....

But we are in Denmark..
The server is in English on Windows NT 4.0 and runs without problems...
It's just the 1 client (so far)

I can't seem to figure what it might be...

Anyone seen this.

Here is the note on:
ORA-12705: invalid or unknown NLS parameter value specified

Cause: There are two possible causes: Either an attempt was made to
issue an ALTER SESSION statement with an invalid NLS
parameter or value; or the NLS_LANG environment variable contains an
invalid language, territory, or character set.

Action: Check the syntax of the ALTER SESSION command and the NLS
parameter, correct the syntax and retry the statement,
or specify correct values in the NLS_LANG environment variable. For more
information about the syntax of the ALTER
SESSION command, see the index entry on "ALTER SESSION command" in
Oracle8 Server SQL Reference.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. ORA-12154: Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-12154

 Hello All, I keep receiving these error messages when I try to connect
 to a network server using MS Access (DSN):

 Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-12154
 Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-12538

 I know my tnsnames.ora file is correct. I am using the Microsoft
 Oracle ODBC driver. I can ping the server,.other applications (Vision
 ClearAccess and other company related programs) can access the
 database but MS Access. SQL+ can access the server too. Help !

 Thanks in Advance
 Sharron D Allen

2. Scheduled Job doesn't run EXE

3. error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-03121

4. 16-bit ODBC Text Drivers?

5. Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-06401

6. Oracle PL/SQL skills needed in Tampa, Florida

7. fetch across commits

8. OCISessionBegin: Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-12705 in /....

9. ORA-12705 error in 8.1.6 with Pro*C++ code on NT4

10. NES 3.6, Livewire and ORA-12705 error

11. Error: Error while trying to retrive text for error

12. ORA-12705: Invalid or unknown NLS parameter value specified