logon-timeaccount

Post by thorsten2.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hallo,

its possible to count the connect-time per user to the database ?
If yes, how ?
We use Oracle8.0.5 on NT.

Thanks.
Thorsten

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

logon-timeaccount

Post by Mathe » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Thorsten
The v$session view has a column "logon_time". Use this together with
sysdate and it should give you the connect time for each user.

Mathew.

> Hallo,

> its possible to count the connect-time per user to the database ?
> If yes, how ?
> We use Oracle8.0.5 on NT.

> Thanks.
> Thorsten

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

logon-timeaccount

Post by Pat Boivi » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

You can audit logons.

Regards,

Pat.

> Hallo,

> its possible to count the connect-time per user to the database ?
> If yes, how ?
> We use Oracle8.0.5 on NT.

> Thanks.
> Thorsten

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

logon-timeaccount

Post by Michel Cado » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

You can activate the session auditing with the statement
"ausdit_trail=db" in your init.ora file and the
"audit session;" statement in SQL*Plus.
Then you can query the dba_audit_session view to get
informations on sessions. For instance:

Column username     FORMAT A12   HEADING "User Name"
Column action_name  FORMAT A20   HEADING "Last action"
Column returncode   FORMAT 9990  HEADING RC
Column time_        FORMAT A17   HEADING "Time"
Column con          FORMAT A17   HEADING "Deconnection"

select username, action_name, returncode,
       to_char(timestamp, 'MM-DD-YY HH24:MI:SS') time_,
       nvl(to_char(logoff_time, 'MM-DD-YY HH24:MI:SS'),
           decode(returncode,0,'Still connected','Connection ERROR') con
from dba_audit_session
order by timestamp asc
/

--
Have a nice day
Michel

Quote:> Hallo,

> its possible to count the connect-time per user to the database ?
> If yes, how ?
> We use Oracle8.0.5 on NT.

> Thanks.
> Thorsten

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

1. OLAP Logon Failure NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON - HELP!

We are trying to process some data in Analysis Service 2000 - on a machine
dedicated to the task.

It is currently running Windows 2000 Server - Service Pack 1. I only
installed Analysis Services on the machine - did not install SQL Server as
the machine is only going to be involved in processing cubes.

Currently, we hit the box with either Proclarity or our own MDX queries. I
looked at the event log this morning for the application and I see a whole
string of login errors with the following text:

"Relational data provider reported error: [Login failed for user 'NT
AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'.;42000]."

Is this the login that Proclarity uses? What is happening here and how do I
correct it? I did look in the list of users for the machine and the domain -
and found the reference to NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON and added it to the
list of both olap admins and Local machine admins but the error continues.
Also, I am sure this plays havoc with the security of the box.
Unfortunately, I have to get some data to a client so....

Any ideas?

Michael E. Roselius

Database Administrator

The Gallup Organization

wk - 402-486-6071

cell - 402-730-4531

Life is a never-ending series of trials.

The best we can do is wear a tie and hope the judge shows leniency.

2. S: Dataflex books and web pages

3. logon failure when logon as admin with service rights

4. Size of image

5. Logon failed: MapiLogonEx Failed due to MAPI error 273: MAPI Logon failed.

6. Q: Displaying redo log file content

7. T-SQL: Logon via sp or (and) CheckUser parameters before logon ????

8. Additional libraries for OLE DB

9. SQL7.0 Logon Failure: An error 1069 - The service did not start due to a logon failure

10. How to bypass LogOn dialog ?

11. Erro 1069 - Service not starta logon failed.

12. SQL Server 2000 and SAMBA 2.2.x unified logon

13. Logon userids that use intellegent numbers