Oracle 8i Standard and Enterprise

Post by Stearns » Sat, 16 Jun 2001 20:50:48

Hi All,

Besides the price tag, what are the differences, *in terms of features*,
between the Standard and Enterprise editions of 8i ?   I had searched  the
Oracle site but could not find a side-by-side comparison chart/doc between the
two.

If anyone has info on this subject or knows where I can find the info, please
give me a hand.

Thanks.

-Stearns

Oracle 8i Standard and Enterprise

Post by John van Ec » Sat, 16 Jun 2001 21:32:23

Hello Stearns,

On Metalink there is a article about the differences.
Try Metalink.oracle.com click on Technical libraries and look for Data Server,
Database administration and click on Basic Administration.
Under the heading Useful information for DBA you will see the link  Differences
Between Standard Edition and Enterprise Edition in 8i 112591.1
Hope that helps.

John van Eck

Quote:> Hi All,

Post by Thomas Kyt » Sun, 17 Jun 2001 01:01:18

>Hello Stearns,

>On Metalink there is a article about the differences.
>Try Metalink.oracle.com click on Technical libraries and look for Data Server,
>Database administration and click on Basic Administration.
>Under the heading Useful information for DBA you will see the link  Differences
>Between Standard Edition and Enterprise Edition in 8i 112591.1
>Hope that helps.

>John van Eck

>Stearns28 schreef:

>> Hi All,

>> Besides the price tag, what are the differences, *in terms of features*,
>> between the Standard and Enterprise editions of 8i ?   I had searched  the
>> Oracle site but could not find a side-by-side comparison chart/doc between the
>> two.

>> If anyone has info on this subject or knows where I can find the info, please
>> give me a hand.

http://technet.oracle.com/doc/oracle8i_816/server.816/a76962/ch4.htm#...

has the matrix.

Quote:

--

Howtos and such: http://asktom.oracle.com/ http://asktom.oracle.com/~tkyte/
Oracle Magazine: http://www.oracle.com/oramag

1. Comparison between Oracle 8i Standard and Enterprise ?

Hi I'm totally new to oracle.

Has anyone got a link to a quick summary of the features for Oracle
standard, and oracle enterprise ?
Or a summary of the components included and for what they are required.

I basically need to know when it would be advisable to purchase standard, or
enterprise edition.

(We are currently only using oracle database functionality - connect via
php. None of its tools ..)

TIA

    Heiko

Visual Information Systems

2. Restore failed - Database marked as loading

3. different between oracle 8i standard vs enterprise edition

4. I/O 1450 Insufficient Resources Error

5. Oracle 8i Standard and Enterprise Edition

6. !US - Redmond, WA - Oracle Programmer Analyst

7. Oracle 8i Standard vs. Oracle 8i Enterprise edition

8. How can I format datetime 5/1/2001 as char '20010501'

9. Installing 8i Enterprise edition over 8i Standard edition

10. Oracle 8i Standard Edition vs Enterprise Edition for Linux

11. 8i - Standard vs Enterprise doc

12. Upgrade from 8i Standard Edition to Enterprise Causes problems

13. Choosing between 8i Standard and Enterprise?