Unix Tru64u and shell scripting

Post by asim1.. » Sat, 10 Feb 2001 01:17:32

Hi
I want to get information about TRU64U, and Unix basic commands use in
DBA, is there any web site where I can read all the information
means some example of shell scripting, basic Unix command and basic
information about TRU64U
Thanks in advanced
Asim Ahmed

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Unix Tru64u and shell scripting

Post by Liz Ree » Sun, 11 Feb 2001 07:01:30

Quote:> Hi
> I want to get information about TRU64U, and Unix basic commands use in
> DBA, is there any web site where I can read all the information
> means some example of shell scripting, basic Unix command and basic
> information about TRU64U
> Thanks in advanced
> Asim Ahmed

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

I would go out to http://www.tru64unix.compaq.com/.  Tru64 is just a unix
similar to solaris.  This was the first truly 64 bit operating system and
has been around for at least 7 years.  As to shell scripting and basic
commands, they are the same as any unix.  The differences are really only
apparent to the sysadmin.

Liz
dba on hp-ux, Tru64 (also known as Dunix) and solaris

1. MA-Boston-109942--UNIX-ORACLE-SUN-Solaris-Unix shell scripts-Unix Developer w/Oracle

=
Company    : Tekmark Global Solutions
Website    : http://www.tekmarkinc.com
Job Title  : Unix Developer w/Oracle
Location   : Boston, MA
Job Type   : Contract
============================
TEKMARK GLOBAL SOLUTIONS is a nationwide provider of Information Technology
solutions. Founded in 1979, we have since grown our business with a fundamental
understanding of what it takes for our customers to keep up with the pace of
changing computer technologies. Our dedication to providing the highest quality
professional service has earned us the reputation of being a reliable business
partner for many Fortune 500 companies. Our offices in NJ/NY, CA, FL, IL, MA,
NC, PA, and VA/DC are currently seeking individuals to champion high profile,
state-of-the-art projects.

Unix Developer needed for Oracle 8.03 database on a Sun Solaris platform.
Candidate must have experience in Unix shell scripts and Oracle stored
procedures. Unix/AIX, C, C++, HTML, Java and other Web development tools a plus.

Travel Required          :None
Educational Requirements :None
=
Required Skills
* UNIX
* ORACLE  Version: 8.03
* SUN
* Solaris
* Unix shell scripts
=
Benefits Summary Tekmark is proud to offer:
 * Competitive Compensation Plan

* Health and Dental Insurance

* Life Insurance * Long Term Disability Insurance * Paid Vacations
 * 401K Plan
=
Contact Information:
Reference : 21108

Tekmark Global Solutions
100 Metroplex Drive

Edison, NJ 08817

Phone: 732-572-5400
   -   -
Fax No: 732-572-7117

** Post jobs for 30 days for $100, up to 250 postings $350/month
** Matching Resumes E-mailed daily
**  Your ads are virtually guaranteed to be seen by jobseekers on the NET **

                    ** Automatic Posting to **
   ** Yahoo            ** Americas Job Bank    ** Career City    *** ClassifiedsWarehouse

2. Desain

3. US-MA-Cambridge Programmer/Analyst, Sybase, SQL, Unix, Unix shell scripting (1215-ON2070)

4. IBM Small-Medium Business Strategy using Informix

5. Caching frequently-accessed data in a component-- good idea?

6. query's poor performance