Oracle Application Server vs. WebDB

Post by Van Messne » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I recently started using the Oracle Application Server 4 and everything is
working fine.  I haven't tried WebDB.  My impression is that WebDB makes
creating small web sites quite easy, but doesn't have all the functionality
or flexibility of OAS.  Is that right? Is there a good reason to get
involved with WebDB if OAS is working and useful?  Looking for any insights.

Thanks,

Van

Oracle Application Server vs. WebDB

Post by bona.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:> I recently started using the Oracle Application Server 4 and
everything is
> working fine.  I haven't tried WebDB.  My impression is that WebDB
makes
> creating small web sites quite easy, but doesn't have all the
functionality
> or flexibility of OAS.  Is that right? Is there a good reason to get
> involved with WebDB if OAS is working and useful?  Looking for any

insights.

You have answered your own question, webdb is good for a standard web
content management framework. Oas is flexible,I myself go for OAS /
PL/SQL, which is very  flexible.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Oracle Application Server vs. WebDB

I recently started using the Oracle Application Server 4 and everything is
working fine.  I haven't tried WebDB.  My impression is that WebDB makes
creating small web sites quite easy, but doesn't have all the functionality
or flexibility of OAS.  Is that right? Is there a good reason to get
involved with WebDB if OAS is working and useful?  Looking for any insights.

Thanks,

Van

2. Unique Table Names

3. Linux Oracle WebDB (or Application Server) Cookie

4. Transaction Logs

5. Oracle Application Server vs. other Web Server Products

6. Strange error when restoring db...

7. 8i, webserver, webdb, application server

8. Any news about Late Amnesty of 1986

9. Oracle J developer vs Inprise Application Server

10. Web Applications: Oracle vs. Sybase vs Informix

11. Oracle Server on Solaris vs application on NT

12. IIS vs Oracle Application Server

13. Web Applications: Oracle vs. Sybase vs Informix