Oracle on linux license

Post by kevinator.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hello all,
   I'm just getting back to doing stuff with Oracle. The project I'm on
now has an NT Server running ORacle 8i. I have a linux box that I want
to use exclusively to load data into the Oracle Server on NT. My
question is, do I have to buy another Oracle Server license or is
covered in the original purchase? My second question is, do I need to
load an entire oracle server onto my linux machine or can I just load
client software (SQL*PLUS, SQL*Loader)?
   thanks in advance for the help.

kevin

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Monitoring NT-Sybase from Linux without Linux-license?

We run a shop system based on Sybase. The shop system came with Sybase
bundeled, so I don't have separate Sybase CD-roms or a separate license.
Sybase is installed on a NT machine.

How can I monitor the Sybase DB from a Linux machine (I use Big
Brother). Every Shell-Script I saw needed the isql binary, the
Perl-DBI-module needs some Sybase libraries. I have nothing of these.

Can I download this software for free or is there another way monitoring
Sybase? I only need to know if a given databse is up and is not full.

2. Quotes in Quotes

3. cost of Oracle 8 license for Linux Web server usage

4. Good Cluster Problem

5. Oracle Licensing on Linux

6. Edit publications problem

7. Oracle 8i for Linux license

8. RAISING ONPROGRESS FROM DTS PACKAGE IN DELPHI

9. Oracle Licensing on Linux

10. Double license fee, less in Linux, still not release on NT (9i)

11. Oracle8i Licensing on Linux

12. Sybase ASE for Linux - software license