OAS on NT : ORD problem

Post by Pete Kolto » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I have tried installing OAS 4.0.7 on a Windows NT workstation with Oracle
8.1.5.

When I try running any of the ORB .exe files I get the error;
UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: yu::no_ORACLE_HOME in program
abnormal program termination

I there something I have forgotten or something that needs running first?

OAS on NT : ORD problem

Post by tedc.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

do you have multiple oracle home on your nt ?

Quote:> I have tried installing OAS 4.0.7 on a Windows NT workstation with
Oracle
> 8.1.5.

> When I try running any of the ORB .exe files I get the error;
> UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: yu::no_ORACLE_HOME in program
> abnormal program termination

> I there something I have forgotten or something that needs running
first?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

OAS on NT : ORD problem

Post by Rafal Maczewsk » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

If you are using Oracle 8i database, you should install OAS in different
ORACLE_HOME. I have tried that with OAS 4.0.8.1 and Oracle 8.1.5 database,
but I think that the same applies to OAS 4.0.7.

Rafal

> I have tried installing OAS 4.0.7 on a Windows NT workstation with Oracle
> 8.1.5.

> When I try running any of the ORB .exe files I get the error;
> UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: yu::no_ORACLE_HOME in program
> abnormal program termination

> I there something I have forgotten or something that needs running first?

1. OAS 4.0.7 + NT Service Pack 4 / OAS refuses to start

Hi there!

I am installing OAS 4.0.7 on an NT SP4 machine. Here is the problem:

        OAS refuses to start due to service pack incompatibility

Here the solution:

        till SP3, OAS start normally. With SP4, MS changes all the IP stacks
structure meaning that OAS can't start anymore. I know it exists a patch
(~150 Ko .dll file). So my question is:

        Does anyone know about this patch, where to download, etc...

Thanks for your help,

Jari

--
                ------------------------------
Jari-Pascal Curty,

Electrical Engineering Division

URL   : http://www.stud.ee.ethz.ch/~jcurty/
                -------------------------------

2. What's better: COM or triggers.

3. Problem deploying EJBs using OAS 4.0.8 under NT

4. Title Columns in VFP

5. ORB problem with OAS 4.07 for NT

6. US-TX-SA-Oracle Designer

7. Problems starting OAS 4.0.7 on NT 4.0

8. Can't Get Rid of Debugger Window

9. OAS 4.0.7 problem on NT 4.0 SP3

10. SQL*Plus problem with Oracle 8i and OAS on NT

11. Add field and change ord pos

12. Ord/Blob download interrupts

13. Item cant be fnd in colln corr to req name or ord