log buffer space vs. redo log space requests

log buffer space vs. redo log space requests

Post by Scott Watso » Thu, 31 May 2001 23:34:22

I am a little confused as to the values I am getting from these two
statistics.

log buffer space in V$SYSTEM_EVENT shows a value for waits which leads me to
believe that the log buffer is not large enough however the redo log space
requests from V$SYSSTAT shows a value of zero.

Therefore one stat tells me there is not enough space while the other tells
me everything is ok.  I think I am misinterpreting these statistics.  Can
someone set me straight.

Oracle 8.1.6 running on solaris.

thanks,
Scott.