ORACLE 8 for SCO ???

Post by Alexey M. Reshet » Fri, 18 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Can anybody explain what Oracle proposes for ORACLE 8 for
SCO platform? I heard Oracle not planning ORACLE 8 for SCO.
Indeed?
_____________________________
Alexey M. Reshetov

1. Problem Install Oracle 8i in Sco UnixWare

Hello,
I am attemping to install Oracle 8i in a Sco UnixWare machine. I read
and followed all the instruction in the installation guide. I selected
the custom mode, and selected all the products except Oracle Advance
Security.

When the OUI detected protocols (Processing Net8 Client 8.1.5.0.0), it
return an error message: "An error occured while trying to determine
protocols" and displayed 2 protocol for me:
TCP/IP (native protocol not detected)
IPX/SPX (native protocol not detected)
despite that I had set up TCP/IP successfully (ping and ftp were tested)
I anyway selected the TCP/IP protocol.

When the installation copied file to hard disk, it never exceeded the
Net8 Client 8.1.5.0.0. The CPU worked, the hard disk and CD seemed be
read, but no more file was copied. Although I had tried many times, even
left the machine run over a night, it was the same. In the terminal
windows, it always stoped at the command line:
"...java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java)"

Can anyone help me? I have to finish the installation soon.

Thanks in advance,
Tran Luong.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. NULL comparison question

3. Oracle for Linux SCO binaries where ?

4. "Unique Table" Property Does Not Work - Urgent

5. cloning a user ! ( Oracle 7 on SCO UNIX)

6. OCI - rowid - transaction question

7. NLS problem in Oracle 7.3 on SCO Open Server 5.04

8. PICK Programmer moving to Las Vegas

9. No Oracle 8 on SCO Open Server ??

10. Slowing down Oracle 7.3 on SCO OpenServer-5

11. Oracle 8i for SCO UnixWare

12. Oracle Client for SCO OpenServer 5.0.4 or 5.0.6

13. Accent problem w/ oracle 6 on SCO 4.0