1. OCI calls either hang or don't return in Oracle Failsafe failover
I've been attempting to test my application server stability in Oracle
In some situations, the application seemed to go into a deadlock.
After much troubleshooting, I've found that OCI calls sometimes seem
to hang at a certain point once failover operation is triggered.
I was expecting that I would get an exception condition, however, this
does not seem to be the case. Actually, I do get an exception
condition, but not _always_ .
I believe it would be most relevant to mention that I am using Oracle
Fail Safe ( release 3.1.2 ) and Oracle 8i release 8.1.7 on Win2K to
maintain the database clusters which are set up in conjunction with MS
clustering installation as suggested. The actual database failover
process works well once no application OCI calls are made at the time
Is there any solution or workaround to this ? Is this a known problem
For example, via the debugger, I get this call stack:
DbOrclI::OLog(cda_def * 0x0aac7940, unsigned char * 0x0aac7980,
unsigned char * 0x040b2b40, int -1, unsigned char * 0x040b2974, int
-1, unsigned char * 0x040b201c, int -1, unsigned long 0) line 279 + 42
DbOrclStoreC::connect(const char * 0x040b201c, const char *
0x040b2b40, const char * 0x040b2974) line 417 + 44 bytes
DbOrclStoreC::DbOrclStoreC(int 6, const char * 0x040b201c, const char
* 0x040b2b40, const char * 0x040b2974, unsigned int 40) line 252
DATABASE_VENDOR_ORCL, int 6, const char * 0x040b201c, const char *
0x040b2b40, const char * 0x040b2974, unsigned int 40) line 440 + 54
DbMgrC::createConnection(unsigned int 6) line 573 + 62 bytes
DbMgrC::getConnection(unsigned char 1) line 367 + 10 bytes
DbMgrC::GetSerializableConnection() line 293
Feedback is very much appreciated.
2. Uninstalled 6.5, still listed in EM
3. Calling a stored proc don't works with ADO
4. compile error!
5. MovePrevious don't work but the MoveNext work's fine
6. PowerBuilder 5 w/ Informix insert cursors
7. Name Calling Conflict - Don't Call Me That (VCX)
9. Jobs don't work via SQL Agent but work when run ad hoc
10. request working in access but don't work through ODBC
11. Does JDeveloper's EJBs work on Personal Oracle 8i or Oracle 8i Lite
12. Problem with OCI call 'orlon'
13. Oracle 7/8/8i OCI,JDBC,JSQL,Pro*C work done for fixed price